Chapter Nine// Bathroom Friends

//AERON//

We walk down the block to home.

I know he's lying. I heard him talk well, mostly yell to Brett. He's just trying to be there for me I guess which I'm thankful for, but I do wish he told me.

As soon as the door opens to the house Mary is sitting on the couch. Alex runs up the stairs right away and I just slowly walk.

I feel my heart aching, and its over a person i barely know. How could I be so stupid for him to actually like me? And it know that he gave me my first kiss. What the hell?

I make it to the top of the stairs, then to my room, I slowly shut the door and slide down the door to the ground. My eyes tear up and I shake my head. No. I will not cry over a dumb boy. No. No. No!

I get up and walk to my desk and see a bunch of juicy fruit gum packs. There are six, on each in sharpie is a word.

Will
You
Go
Out
With
Me?

Then at the end is a note with a flower on it.

Dear Aeron,

I know I've known you shortly, but it would be an honor for you to be my girlfriend. You are truly a great and passionate person that I would love to get to know better, so what do you say? If yes then text me. If no then I guess I will forget this ever happened. Sorry.

Brett.

I grab my phone from my back pocket and run downstairs. I see Mary sitting on the couch with Rachel and Sarah.

I go in front of her.

"I need you to take my phone," I hand it out to her.

She doesn't take it.

"Why?" she asks and sits up.

"I just really need you to. Please," I say.

"Im sorry but I won't take you're phone unless you did something," she shakes get head.

Ugh. AERON do something stupid so you'll get in trouble. I could make something up but then id feel bad for lying to her.

"Whenever you leave for yoga on Thursdays I would invite people over, it was not Alex i just said that because I was angry he was saying things to me," I look her straight in the eye feeling horrible for lying. But it was only to save Alex and my heart from Brett without feeling horrible about it. I have am excuse.

She takes my phone.

"grounded for a two weeks, to school, dance, and home. Nothing else," she says."and I want any other electronics you have."

I feel my heart race much faster than before. I note gave anxiety over this and I think I'm going to have a pan attack. But no Aeron you can do this. For Alex. He needs this.

"okay," I run upstairs and alexs door is open. He looks at me. His brown eyes swollen from crying.

"What did you just do?" he asks.

I run in my roam. I grab my ipod, Mac book, and kindle. He still stands there and walks down the stairs with me. He runs over to his mom.

"I invited people over while you were at yoga," here spits out and my mouth becomes a gap.

Alex no. I swear I'm hurting you in my mind right now. damn him.

I walk over to his mom and place my electronics into the couch spot next to her.

"stop sticking up for her. This is her punishment," mary says and stands up with my things in her hands.

"but mom shes the one sticking up for me," Alex shouts.