ONE WILL ARGUE

"Alright, Knockout, you can do this. You can so totally do this. You've done this before. You just need to go in there and..."

Knockout quit his pacing and brought a servo up to his faceplate, resting a pair of digits on closed optics.

"Talk to him."

The day went by so quickly, Knockout felt like he had little to no time to prepare for this moment, especially after what happened at the meeting.

Flashback – beginning

As promised, Bumblebee got the two of them an early audience with the Council. Despite having Bee by his side, Knockout was still extremely nervous when proposing his idea to the other 'Bots. Their reactions weren't all that different from what Knockout was expecting.

Bulkhead thought it was a really bad idea and did not take too kindly to it.

Both Windblade and Jazz voiced their concerns, seemingly trying to keep an open-mind despite most likely sharing the same opinion as Bulkhead.

Ratchet didn't say anything and just sat there with an unreadable expression.

After hours of debating and getting nowhere, the Council decided to call Optimus Prime, believing that his decision should be the one. Whether that was legal or not, Knockout didn't really know, and at this point, didn't really care.

Then, after mulling it over some, Optimus voiced his thoughts: It's risky, and many would do anything to prevent it from happening, but everyone deserves a second chance, and they wouldn't know how it will work out if they don't try.

Just like that, Optimus Prime, willing to give Knockout and Bumblebee a chance, gave the Council permission to greenlight the mission. Optimus, however, did express one condition: they are only allowed to colonize a planet that isn't ruled over by a dominant species. He doesn't want them taking over someone else's world like tyrants. They will colonize a new world, and hope it works out for the best.

Flashback – end

Knockout smiled to himself as he recalled the events of the day, then frowned when he remembered Ratchet's own condition that he sprung upon him afterward.

"Okay, Knockout, just suck it up and go in."

The red medic showed his ID to the guards standing outside the building, and once they confirmed it was him, allowed him inside access. Knockout walked down a brightly lit hallway until he reached the end, which branched off to the left and to the right, both blocked off with a heavy-duty door, security panel and camera. He turned right and punched in the code for that wing while leaving his other servo on the palm scanner. A few seconds passed before a beep and a click sounded.

"So much easier when I do both at the same time."

Knockout opened the door and passed through, allowing it to slam behind him as he walked down another, darker corridor. He turned at a bend, went down another hallway, and arrived at another door. He unlocked it and walked through. Awaiting him is a single bench in the center and security cameras in every corner. Illuminating the room are the glowing bars of the isolation cell, and behind the bars is a winged frame, lying on its side on a berth.

"I didn't think you were coming today, doctor."

"Turn around and look at me, Starscream," Knockout demanded. "We need to talk."

"Oh, you're sounding a little different today. Do tell, what's the special occasion?"

Surprising Knockout, Starscream actually listened to him and turned around. The medic still couldn't get over how different his ex-friend is now: bigger, stronger, not to mention more confident.