BROTHERLY LOVE

Trigger Warning: PTSD!

.

. .

. . .

Steeljaw found himself in the Daytrader's med-bay with Dead End, the ex-Stunticon giving him a check-up, per Bumblebee's insistence. After all he suffered at the servos of Thundertron and his crew, he needed one heck of a patch job.

"Sit still!"

He just had to deal with being handled, again, first.

"Frag, you're almost as bad as the old gang!"

Dead End tried to pin Steeljaw to a large, flat surface – berth, wall, floor – in order to inject a sedative into his system. He would rather have the Lupicon be unconscious for the exam.

"You do know I'm just trying to help, right?"

"I don't want you anywhere near me with that needle!" Steeljaw snarled, looking like a cornered animal. His claws gouged the otherwise pristine floor.

"And I just cleaned that," Dead End muttered. He shook his helm and moved on. "Listen, I could tell you all that's wrong with you, but I ain't gonna waste my words on the obvious, so let me make this short and sweet for you: you need proper medical care. Now, either you let me sedate you so that I can help you, or I can have someone else do it instead."

"Or how about a third option? I stay online."

"The stress of you being online will do more harm than good, trust me."

"I don't trust anyone."

"Figured that. So, what's your choice?"

.

.

.

.

.

"GOT IT!"

In another part of the ship, Shockwave and Fodder succeeded in recovering the travel logs of the damaged Autobot vessel. Knockout, Bumblebee, and Starscream crowded around them as they started sifting through data. Within minutes, the mechs find exactly what they're looking for.

"According to the data here, these are the coordinates for where one emergency escape pod was ejected just nanokliks before everything shut down," Fodder spoke, pointing to all the little bits of information that popped up.

Knockout, Bumblebee, and Starscream all sighed in relief.

"Bless the Allspark, now we can get Moonracer back," Bumblebee said.

"It'll be nice having her around again, if only to have someone else bother the good doctor here whenever I cannot," Starscream admitted, gesturing to the red medic beside him.

"Ha ha, very funny," Knockout replied sarcastically, rolling his optics. "That reminds me, shouldn't we tell Steeljaw about this? He's grown close to Moonracer, after all."

"That'll have to wait."

The mechs turned around and spotted Dead End standing in the open doorway, data pad in-servo.

"Is something wrong?" Knockout inquired.

"Considering how much of a pain in my aft he was being about being sedated, I'd say whatever happened to him made him afraid of needles," Dead End explained.

Steeljaw's team-mates shared worrying looks.

"The good news is he's perfectly fine, physically speaking. I flushed out most of the toxins. His systems are going to have to do the rest of the work themselves. Patched him up the best I could, but figured he would rather do the external touch-ups himself. Also, I noticed his lower arms looked like they were drilled into, puncturing his Energon lines. Safe to assume that's where they injected the toxins into him. Mustn't have been a pleasant experience. Anyway, you can see him after he wakes up."