CONFESSION

Steeljaw and Ramulus have yet to speak, instead savoring the relative peace and quiet between them in the near-empty med-bay. Steeljaw's leg is fixed, and his self-repair system is working on minor injuries, but the more sensitive points and cosmetics would have to be overseen by Moonracer and Knockout later. He didn't mind, though, as Dead End promised to make sure everyone stayed away for a while. Which turned out perfectly, as he didn't want anyone barging in on him and Ramulus. Speaking of...

Ramulus had dragged a chair over and sat beside the berth. He reached out and laid his servo atop Steeljaw's, digits curling around and giving a gentle, comforting squeeze.

"So, how ya feeling?" Ramulus asked.

"A lot of things, honestly," Steeljaw answered wistfully. "I don't know where to begin, or how."

"Too bad ya can't do what you normally do to express yourself. Not while you're berth ridden, anyway."

"Thanks for the reminder."

Ramulus chuckled.

"Glad to know you haven't lost your spark after all this time, Steel. Too stubborn for your own good, I swear."

"Look who's talking! Says the mech who'll pick a fight with almost anyone over literally any little thing that sets him off!"

"Eh, I've gotten better!"

Steeljaw laughed. Ramulus lightly punched his arm.

"Hey, watch it! I'm in med-bay for a reason, you know!"

"Yeah, I know."

Ramulus' smile turned grim. Steeljaw regretted upsetting him.

"Sorry," Steeljaw apologized, tightening his grip on Ramulus' servo. He turned onto his side so that he was fully facing the Predacon. "I didn't think about how you might've felt when..."

Steeljaw looked up into darkened optics. In an instant, it occurred to him.

"How long were you there?"

Silence.

"Ramulus, how much did you see before you could do anything?" Steeljaw demanded. With some strain, he managed a sitting position and placed his free servo on the other's shoulder plate.

"I..."

Ramulus circulated his vents and raised his free servo to meet with Steeljaw's.

"Enough. I saw enough."

Suddenly, Ramulus holds Steeljaw at arm's length and presses an accusing digit against his chassis, expression having turned serious in point-two seconds.

"Don't you dare think that makes you any less of a mech! You didn't have control of the situation, but you still hung-on and fought! And that mother-fragger had what was coming to him, and I delivered! He messed with the wrong mechs, and that's all on him! At least, it would be, if I didn't blow him into non-existence. I doubt anything's on him now!"

The Predacon laughed at his own words.

No matter how far Ramulus went, he always knew how to make Steeljaw feel better.

How to make the Lupicon happy.

Happiness, companionship, familiarity, safety, love...

Thoughts, feelings, emotions, and more...

All culminating to form a special bond between the two.

One that is unbreakable.

One that will be shared between their very sparks.