SAVE

According to their internal clocks, a full chord – an entire week – has passed since the experience in the Chamber. Bumblebee, true to his word, protected Steeljaw. Anyone who tried to get close would be, as Knockout describes it, 'Just like Starscream; nearly beaten within an inch of their lives'. Even the red medic himself. Nobody was exempt from Bumblebee's vow, not until he knew that Steeljaw and the rest of them would be safe.

I hope Moonracer is alright, Knockout thought as he leaned against the wall, keeping an optic on Bumblebee and Steeljaw from a distance. I bet Bee would let her get close to Steeljaw. Actually, she wouldn't give either of them a choice, assuming Steeljaw didn't pick her in the first place. Hard to believe he took to her so quickly.

A recent memory file surfaced.

I know he has feelings for someone else, but who? And why won't he tell us?

"Knockout?"

Bumblebee's voice caught Knockout's attention.

"Yeah, Bee?"

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. Just thinking about something."

"Something I should be worried about?"

Knockout didn't immediately answer. His gaze shifted to look at Steeljaw.

"Maybe?"

"What did Steeljaw tell you?"

"Nothing!"

"Knockout..."

"I'm being completely honest with you, Bee! It isn't that he didn't tell me anything, per-se, but rather that he was avoiding certain things that I wanted to know."

"That doesn't really make any sense."

"I know! I just don't know how to describe it. Like, it's not what he says that bothers me; it's what he doesn't say. Haven't you noticed how secretive he's been about certain things?"

"No offense, Knockout, but I think that's your inner 'Con talking."

Knockout scoffed.

"Oh, please! You're just as suspicious as I am about what he's hiding from us!"

Bumblebee hated to admit it, but he agreed with Knockout.

"What are you guys arguing about?"

Bumblebee and Knockout jumped slightly, startled by the voice. They looked at Steeljaw, who was just waking-up.

"Nothing!" The quarreling mechs responded.

"You guys are horrible liars."

"Well, you would know," Bumblebee muttered, earning him a slap to the faceplate. He glared at the Lupicon.

"What?" Steeljaw asked, acting all innocent while grinning.

"Admit it, Bee, you kind of deserved that," Knockout chuckled.

"You two are impossible sometimes," Bumblebee vented, rolling his optics with a smile.

The mechs shared a laugh.

"I guess that's why you're not always in a foul mood."

The three turned to see Sandstorm and Dust Devil standing outside the cell.

"What do you mean?" Knockout asked.

"Despite being from different factions, you all seem to get along just fine," Sandstorm continued. "I think keeping you all together is what's making it so hard for Thundertron and the others to break you."