THE DEER AND THE OTHER WOLF

Similar to Earth, this planet has a night cycle, and it is that time right now. Mostly everyone has retired to their own quarters to get a few hours of worthwhile recharge before starting the day anew.

Thunderhoof knows that this is something Steeljaw has been looking forward to for a long time, and he'd be lying if a part of him didn't want something like this, too. However, unlike his former... well, he probably should be saying his once former leader... he doesn't have the patience to settle a deal like this. If anything, he'd lose his temper dealing with Cybertronian politics in a civilized manner. Civilized by Autobot standards, anyway, but he knows how pissed Steeljaw would be if he ruined what could possibly be their final shot at attaining a world to call their own.

Thunderhoof vented and rubbed his temples, exhaustion from the day's events finally catching up to him. Everything with Steeljaw...

Why does everything have to be so fragging difficult with him? He makes things sound as simple as transformation, which, more often than not, results in one heck of a shit show! Clever, yes, but that came with a fragging god complex...

"And why am I overthinkin' this?" Thunderhoof said aloud, gaze focused on the earth beneath his hooves. He vented and leaned back, looking to the sky above and stargazing.

As they were in a different galaxy, far away from Cybertron and Earth, Thunderhoof didn't recognize these star systems. Doesn't mean he isn't entranced by their simple yet complex beauty. The small twinkling lights are very relaxing to just lie down and stare at.

"Nice night."

Thunderhoof was about to jump into action when a clawed servo clutched his shoulder plate, giving it a rather weak squeeze. He turned slowly, careful not to hit whoever was behind him.

Of course.

Despite only knowing this mech for not even a full day, Thunderhoof is unsurprised.

"Yous sure are Steeljaw's brother, aren't yous?"

"Well, as the elder split-spark, I expect him to take after me, if only just a little bit," Phantomjaw chuckled. He groans and reaches around to cradle his flank. "Mind if I join you? I haven't fully recovered from that beating I took."

"A stick went in one way and out the other. I wouldn't exactly consider that a beating."

Still, Thunderhoof supported Phantomjaw as he eased himself down, careful not to aggravate his injury even further.

"Heh. Yeah, guess not."

"What yous doin' up and about, anyway? Shouldn't yous be resting?"

"Aw, you wouldn't be worried for my well-being, now would you? It is a bit sudden, afterall. Unless you're instantly attracted to others?"

Thunderhoof snorted and rolled his optics.

"Not used to being teased, huh?"

"I'd pummel 'em into scrap metal," Thunderhoof declared.

Phantomjaw laughed.

He hissed and instantly cringed, reaching for his wound once more. Thunderhoof spared a glance at Phantomjaw. His entire midsection is wrapped heavily in bandages.

"Again, what are you doing out here?" Thunderhoof demanded, more firm in his questioning.

Phantomjaw, for his part, is unfazed, and despite the pain, laughs it off.

"By the stars, you sure are persistent. You don't need to worry, honest! I've had..."

Phantomjaw cut himself off with another hiss from the pressure building around his wound. He looked down and saw a large servo gripping his injured side.