ONE WILL FOLLOW

"I can't believe he talked me into this."

Bumblebee and Steeljaw expressed simultaneously as they waited by the ship that the Council provided for them. Off the record, as news of this mission is not meant to get out to the public.

"What is taking Knockout so long?" Bumblebee muttered, growing antsy. He looked at his companion and noticed that he wasn't causing any trouble.

"Steeljaw?"

"Hm?"

"Is something wrong? You don't seem to be yourself."

"Since when have I given you any reason to worry about me?" Steeljaw questioned. "Ah, wait, let me rephrase that. When have I given you any reason to worry about me, excluding all of the times I tried to make Earth my own while you and your team tried to stop me?"

No response.

"Anyway, are the cuffs really necessary?"

"It was either that, or I could have thrown you in a stasis pod and rolled you onto the ship," Bumblebee mused, cracking a smile.

". . . I guess I can live with them for a little while longer," Steeljaw said, seemingly sharing Bumblebee's amusement. "But as soon as I get on that ship, they're coming off."

"Once we're out of Cybertron's orbit, then they'll come off. Promise."

The unmistakable sound of shouting prevented Bumblebee and Steeljaw from continuing their banter. Both mechs turned in the direction from which the ruckus was coming from, and to absolutely no surprise, Knockout had finally arrived, with Starscream and Jazz in-tow. The red medic and the silver Seeker were arguing all the way up and into the ship, whereas Jazz stopped halfway.

"Hey, Jazz," Bumblebee greeted. "You doing okay?"

Jazz turned to Bumblebee and Steeljaw. He pressed a digit to his audial.

"You say somethin', Bee?" Jazz asked.

"Oh, you shut off your audio receptors."

"Yeah. I couldn't stand listening to them after a few kliks, so don't bother asking me what they were arguing about 'cause I don't know."

"Well, why don't you go get a good rest, bud? Sounds like... I mean, it looks like you need it."

Jazz chuckled, then left.

"Why didn't you put the loud mouth in a stasis pod?" Steeljaw asked, causing Bumblebee to laugh.

"I don't know," Bumblebee replied, grabbing Steeljaw gently by the arm. "Come on, let's go."

---

Once everyone is present and accounted for, Knockout closes the door and plots a course. However, there is one thing he still has to do, and has yet to tell the others. The constant bickering between him and Starscream made that impossible.

---

"Knockout, where are we?"

"Velocitron, my home world."

"Why?"

"I need to pick up something real quick."

"What is it?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, I can assure you!"

"So long as it isn't anything dangerous or illegal..."