INTERVENTION

The following weeks revolved around Knockout's healing process.

Surprising everyone, Starscream turned into a mother hen and spent all of his free time keeping Knockout company. At first, it was a little annoying, but Knockout quickly grew to appreciate having Starscream around. They would talk, drink Energon, play games; Knockout even managed to convince Starscream to watch movies with him!

Occasionally, Bumblebee and Moonracer will drop-in and join the friends' bouts of social hour. Not just to give Knockout a break from spending all his time solely with Starscream, but also to check on his health. Not that the red medic wanted to talk about his experience with Airachnid and the Insecticons. The only parts of his health that he worried about were his finish, – no surprises there – and his ever growing cabin fever from being stuck on the ship and not being able to go out for a drive.

As for Steeljaw... Knockout found it strange how, for the past couple weeks, Steeljaw has visited, but never spoken to him. He just stands in the doorway, staring at him. Once he's cleared to walk, Knockout decides to pay his rescuer a long overdue visit.

.

. .

. . .

It is nighttime on the ship when Knockout makes his move. He swings his legs over the side of the berth and carefully plants his pedes on the floor, putting most of his weight on his right leg, as his left leg – still damaged and sporting a nasty scar – is wrapped in a metal brace.

This is really, really annoying. Can't wait to get this thing off and go driving. Stupid Insecticons. Stupid Airachnid. Stupid everything!

Knockout extended his Energon prod to use as a walking stick and disabled the electricity so that he doesn't shock himself unconscious by accident. If he was discovered up and about without an escort, the others would surely kill him.

Well, Bumblebee and Moonracer would. Starscream, probably not, as he already yelled at him, but at least that was done and over with. Now, he has something else occupying his processor.

Knockout limps out of med-bay, through the halls, and all the way over to Steeljaw's room, making as little noise as possible so as to not wake any one of the three bots he didn't want to deal with at the moment. Once there, Knockout pressed a button on the keypad outside the double doors and waited.

And waited...

And waited some more...

Until, finally, the doors opened, revealing the occupant of the room. Steeljaw looked at Knockout with a confused, half awake gaze.

"Knockout?" Steeljaw said, rubbing his optics. "What are you doing here so late?"

"Well would you look at that? You do talk!" Knockout half-heartedly jokes.

Steeljaw was not amused.

"Any specific reason as to why you interrupted my recharge?" He growled.

"Well, for starters, you haven't been talking to me," Knockout retorted.

"Seriously? You woke me up, just to talk?"

"Of course I did! You've been avoiding me for weeks and it's driving me crazy!"

Knockout noticed the flicker of Steeljaw's optics, signaling that he was debating something.

"What?"

"Nothing, except, that makes two of us." Steeljaw replied.

Steeljaw's answer was not one that Knockout was expecting.

"Are you saying..."

"That I'm having similar thoughts to you? Yes."