SEARCH AND RESCUE

Not trusting Airachnid to keep her word, not to mention not wanting Arcee to go in all alone, it was easy enough to ask for and receive reinforcements. However, there is just one teeny tiny problem with bringing a small army of war-hardened Autobots onto this particular vessel.

"Hey, um, Bumblebee?"

"Yeah, Moonracer?"

"Not that I'm questioning your plan or anything, but are you sure this is such a good idea? I mean, a bunch of you guys – no offense to the Autobots or anything – but on the same ship with Decepticons? Again, no offense to them, either..."

"Moonracer, this is all to get Knockout back. Besides, it's not like I'm asking them to like each other or anything! We just need them to tolerate each other for a bit."

"I know, I know, but I'm still worried! I may not have a problem with Steeljaw, or even Starscream, but do not think for a nanoklik that I am unaware of how everyone else feels."

"I'm not saying that you do..."

"BEE! What's taking so long?" A young mech whined.

"Yeah, Bee! I'm getting bored here!" Another mech pitched-in.

"Sideswipe, Blurr, give me a minute, I'm in the middle of something right now," Bumblebee stressed.

"I thought you called us for a mission, not to sit around and do nothing," Sideswipe huffed. Strongarm immediately elbowed him.

"Shut it, Sideswipe!" The young femme reprimanded. "He said he'll get to us in a minute!"

"A minute is way too long!" Blurr argued, receiving a smack to the back of the helm, courtesy of Quickshadow. "Aw, come on! Not you, too!"

"Would you prefer it if I called Heatwave right now?" Quickshadow retorted. Blurr was smart enough not to continue pushing his luck.

With tensions rising, so was Bumblebee and Moonracer's anxiety, and they could only imagine how Steeljaw and Starscream were faring.

"Moonracer?" Bumblebee whispered, just loud enough for the turquoise femme to hear.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Not really, but I'm afraid the longer I wait..."

"The more likely they are to try and kill each other before we even leave the ship. Yeah, got it."

Moonracer quickly shuffled off to the far side of the room, away from the Autobots.

"Why did she just move over there?" Arcee asked, looking skeptically between Moonracer and Bumblebee.

"Lieutenant, I don't mean to question your authority, but I sense there's something you're not telling us about this plan of yours," Strongarm said.

Bumblebee scanned the mass of mechs and femmes before him.

Some of them already know about Starscream, and even less know about Steeljaw. But everyone else who has had nothing to do with any of this?

A servo planting itself on his shoulder plate broke Bumblebee out of his anxious processor. It was Optimus Prime, trying to comfort him. He gave the young mech a reassuring smile before stepping aside to allow him space. Bumblebee circulated his vents and began.

"I'm sorry about that, everyone, but I was just trying to figure out how to break this to you, and we don't have the time for explanations right now, so please just do me a huge favor and save your excitement for later. Okay? Everyone understand?"

The other Autobots conversed among themselves. Bumblebee's vents hitched.

Oh Primus oh Primus oh Primus... Stay calm, Bee, stay calm!