WE ARE HERE FOR YOU

Trigger Warning: flashback of assault!

.

. .

. . .

Phantomjaw was contently lying on his side looking something up on his data pad when his brother returned. As soon as the door to their shared room opened, Steeljaw stomped inside.

"Somebody's in a foul mood," Phantomjaw commented without looking up.

"I don't need you getting on my case right now, brother," Steeljaw snarled, making his way over to his own berth. "I just lost my temper for supposedly no reason in front of everyone and now I'm positive they'll all be flocking over here to bombard me with questions!"

"I'm pretty sure it will just be your group that bothers you."

"What did I just say?"

"Not to get on your case."

.

.

.

.

.

"Are you even listening?" Steeljaw asked, realizing that his words were falling on deaf ears.

"Sort of," Phantomjaw replied nonchalantly. He was too focused on the task at hand to fully pay attention.

Steeljaw raised an optical ridge and stared at his brother. His gaze shifted to the other's data pad.

"What is on there that's got you so preoccupied?"

"The job."

Phantomjaw answered a little too quickly for Steeljaw's liking, but he retained a straight face, so discerning anything in that split second was impossible.

"Fine, whatever," Steeljaw huffed, knowing better than to press Phantomjaw for answers.

Eventually, Phantomjaw shut his data pad off and placed it in his subspace. He turned to sit with his legs and tail tip hanging over the side of his berth, gaze trained on Steeljaw.

"So, anything you want to get off your chassis before..." Phantomjaw started, but was cut-off when the door to the room slid open, revealing the four bots the brothers were expecting. "Ah, nevermind."

"Sorry to intrude, you guys, but we need to talk to Steeljaw," Bumblebee said.

"We know." The brothers responded in unison, startling their guests.

"You..."

"Know, yes, we do!" Steeljaw snapped, turning his back on the others.

Phantomjaw circulated his vents and walked over to Steeljaw. He kneeled down and wrapped his arms and tail around him. Feeling comforted by the familiar presence of his brother, Steeljaw leaned into the embrace, not caring how they looked in front of the others.

"If you need me, I'll be right outside, okay? I'm not leaving you alone again," Phantomjaw whispered.

"Thank you, brother, but I can take things from here," Steeljaw whispered back.

Phantomjaw smiled and, albeit reluctantly, released Steeljaw from his hold. He headed straight for the door, and the group of bots standing by it. The four filed in to allow the black and white Lupicon to exit.

"Well, this is nice, the five of us, back together, again," Knockout mused, attempting to lighten the mood of the room. Starscream face-palmed at his friend's stupidity.

"Knockout, seriously?" Bumblebee vented.

"What?"

"We're here about something serious. Not that I don't admire you keeping a positive attitude, but now is not the time!"