CHAAR

Trigger Warning: PTSD!

.

. .

. . .

Flashback – beginning

No!

Stop it!

Leave him alone!

Don't harm him, please!

I swear, I'll do anything!

Flashback – end

"Just... Just let him go."

The three medics solemnly look on as their patient twists and turns and whimpers in recharge.

"Should we wake him?" Moonracer asked.

"I don't think that's such a good idea, but then again, I've never had to deal with this kind of situation before," Dead End admitted.

"Well, if it has anything to do with what I think is going on within his processor right now, then I believe we should snap him out of it," Knockout concluded, already approaching the restless Sandstorm. He reached out and started shaking him. "Come on, Sandstorm, wake up."

"Um, Knockout?" Moonracer questioned, both she and Dead End eying the red medic.

"No worries, Moonracer! I'm a..."

Before Knockout could finish, Sandstorm jolted awake, his vents circulating erratically.

"Whoa! Sandstorm, it's alright! You're safe!"

"What... What do you mean I'm safe?" Sandstorm cried, frame rigid and servos gripping the berth so tight it started to dent.

Knockout didn't add on to his reassurances. Clearly, Sandstorm had no idea where he was.

Sandstorm's optics recalibrated and took in his surroundings. They lit-up in surprise when he noticed Knockout standing next to him.

"Knockout?"

"Like I said, Sandstorm, you're safe," Knockout reiterated, smiling and relaxing as well. He gestured to his companions. "And before you freak out, these are my friends Moonracer and Dead End."

Sandstorm scanned the other two bots, fearing that they may be a threat. Just because Knockout trusts them, doesn't mean that he will, too. Speaking of...

"What do you mean I'm safe?" Sandstorm repeated. "Where am I?"

Knockout exchanged looks with his fellow medics, which unsettled their patient.

"Well?"

"Listen, Sandstorm, it's not that I can't or won't tell you anything..." Knockout explained. "It's just that, you know, I wasn't the one who rescued you, and I think it would be better if you heard what happened from the one who did bring you aboard."

"And who would that be, exactly?"

"Starscream, believe it or not."

Silence.

"Can one of your friends bring him here?" Sandstorm asked.

"I... I guess," Knockout stammered, glancing at his comrades over his shoulder plate. "If either of you knows where he is?"

"Yeah, that won't be a problem!" Dead End chuckled.

.

.

.

.

.

Dead End strode through the halls of the Daytrader until he arrived at one of the many locked doors that led into a set of guest quarters. Grinning, he raises a fist and knocks, then takes a step back and waits. Not long, as a heavy-set approaches the door and opens it.