ow

Your pov

"No!" I jolted up from a nightmare again. This was the 4th or 5th one tonight. Rose had helped with the first 3 but now is fast asleep. I felt Jack stir. He didn't wake but cried a little. I whispered sweet nothing to him until he went quite.

My arm hurt like hell and when I moved it I winced which caused Rose to mumble something. She finally faced me looking sleeply and grabbed my hand. I winced once again and she started to pull her hand away.

"You're fine it just hurts a little" I mumble

"Okay, why are you up again" she asks while putting her hand back on mine.

"I can't sleep it keeps coming back" I reply slightly sadder.

"You know it's not your fault roight"

"I know but Jack could've gotten hurt and I can't bare to see that happen. I love him so much I don't want to loose him" I whine

As if on cue Jack looked up at me. He babled a little then I heard the word mama. As much pain I was in I smiled. I sat up fully and held him close.

"I love you my darling"

A few minutes later a nurse walks into the room. I managed to cover myself more. She checks the wound which almost makes me cry. Jack sits there and keeps me content when he grabs my face I melt. He placed a slobbery kiss on my nose the snuggled up to me.

The nude gave me pain meds and after she left Rose got into bed with me. This is better. I wrap my arm around her and she falls back asleep. But ofc I can't. My brain is awake and I can't stop thinking one thing. What if she hadn't made it in time? Would've Jack had to seen me die? What would have Rose done? Would she go find Deb and Lou? Would she have even cared? What of she gave up on everything?

At some point I fell asleep my mind still racing.