I'm I enough

Your pov

I woke up the next morning to Rose tracing patterns on my stomach.

"That tickles you know"

"Oh sorry" she mumbles while pulling her hand away.

"It's okay love, how long have you been up"

"An hour or two"

She moves her head to my chest and her hand moves back to my stomach but under my shirt now. I run my fingers through her hair then up and down her arms. I zoned out a little but not to where she was concerned about it. All of the sudden I heard feet on the tile. A minute later Jack walked in to our room holding his stuffie.

"Mama, mommy"

He sounded like he had been crying.

"Yes baby?" I ask sitting up.

"My pillow" Rose whined

"I had a bad dream"

"Come here baby" I say patting the spot next to me.

He climbed up and held his stuffie closer. After a minute he half layed on my lap while Rose lay on her pillow again.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Well it started with me not finding you or mommy and so I wasn't adopted. Then I was but they didn't treat me good and I finally found you but I lost you a few years later" he explained

"Oh baby, you don't have to worry about that okay? We're here to stay"

Rose who was now sitting up nodded in agreement. I dried his tears and he smiled up at me. Rose and I both smiled back then he went back to his room to play.

"Am I enough?" I ask Rose

"Y-yes why would you think otherwise?"

"I just feel like a screw up. I'm not the perfect person my mom wants me to be. I seem useless around the house. I just feel like I'm not needed."

"You are needed. Your mom's opinion doesn't matter, you're perfect to me and perfect to Jack. You're not a screw up, you do things with a purpose and for a reason."

I give her a smile and a small nod. She then attacks my face with kisses until I'm laughing.

"Look how cute you are smiling"

I roll my eyes

"Smile more silly it looks good on you"

"Thanks" I mumble

She gives me a kiss on the head then gets out of bed. I follow the woman in my clothes to the kitchen. She started to make toast while humming. I stand in the doorframe just watching her work.

"Hey Rose?"

"Hm"

"I love you"

"I love you most"

"Can I read to you again later?" I ask barley above a whisper.

She turns around and smiles at me.

"Of course you can, I loved it"

I smile at her words then yell for Jack. He comes in and I tell him to sit down so we can eat. After we ate he went to get dressed and play some more. Rose and I sat on the couch with the book. I layed down and she positioned her head on my chest my arms around her.

"Ready?"I ask

"Mhm"

"Chapter 3

You try," she said. "First a bite of some glue and then follow it with a crunch of the paper. And these squiggles. They are very tasty."

Despereaux looked down at the book, and something remarkable happened. The marks on the pages, the "squiggles" as Merlot referred to them, arranged themselves into shapes. The shapes arranged themselves into words, and the words spelled out a delicious and wonderful phrase: Once upon a time.

" 'Once upon a time,' " whispered Despereaux.

"What?" said Merlot.

"Nothing."

"Eat," said Merlot.

"I couldn't possibly," said Despereaux, backing away from the book.

"Why?"

"Um," said Despereaux. "It would ruin the story."

The story? What story?" Merlot stared at him. A piece of paper trembled at the end of one of her indignant whiskers. "It's just like Pa said when you were born. Something is not right with you." She turned and scurried from the library to tell her parents about this latest disappointment.

Despereaux waited until she was gone, and then he reached out and, with one paw, touched the lovely words. Once upon a time.

He shivered. He sneezed. He blew his nose into his handkerchief.

" 'Once upon a time,' " he said aloud, relishing the sound. And then, tracing each word with his paw, he read the story of a beautiful princess and the brave knight who serves and honors her. Despereaux did not know it, but he would need, very soon, to be brave himself.

Have I mentioned that beneath the castle there was a dungeon? In the dungeon, there were rats. Large rats. Mean rats.

Despereaux was destined to meet those rats.

Reader, you must know that an interesting fate (sometimes involving rats, sometimes not) awaits almost everyone, mouse or man, who does not conform."

I read chapters 3-6 to her until she got drowsy. I readjust myself then let her fall asleep. I would trace random patterns on her back which didn't effect her much. I lay there for a half hour then fell asleep with her.

Time skip few hours later

I woke up to our son shaking me and Rose was still asleep.

"What's up bud?"

"I'm hungry"

"Okay, Rosie"

"Mmm"

"Baby wake up"

"Whyyyyy"

"Because the captain is hungry"

She sits up and gets off. I move off the couch so she can lay back down and head to the kitchen. I make Jack some food and went back to Rose. She was now laying down but fully awake.

"Do you want any dinner?"

"No I'm not hungry"

"Okay"

"Can we lay in the garden and watch the stars when it gets dark?"

"Yeah we can do that"

Few hours later

It's now dark Jack is in bed and we told him we would be out in the garden. We lay on our back in the grass. I'm pointing out constellations and stars as she looks up in amazement.

"That's Andromeda and next to it is Bellatrix" I say pointing them out.

"How are you so good at this?"

"I majored in astronomy in collage"

"Oh that's cool"

"I guess so"

"So then why'd you come to work for me" she asks

"Fashion was always a passion of mine" I explain

After a few more hours we went in to go to bed. I let her get in first cause she loves to be held at night. She cuddles into me as she starts to drift off.

"Good night flower"

A/n:I wrote some of this while getting my hair dyed and done for homecoming.