6

May 31st
-

He's going crazy. He has to be.

He can't believe it, his mind is playing tricks on him.

He stands there, frozen in place staring at his baby blue telephone that rings it's annoying tune.

How is it ringing?

Who could possibly be calling him?

No way his boyfriend is calling, he's away, they haven't even used the telephone in so long, not after his boyfriend finally came out to his parents and didn't need to hide their relationship anymore after how accepting they were.

He's bought his own telephone for the sake of his boyfriend and their relationship, they would talk for hours, when they found out that the telephone in Liams home truly did work after not being touched for years they used it to keep their relationship on a down low and would speak to each other late at night.

Sam hesitantly makes his way to his bedside table and lets out a breath.

He grabs ahold of the phone and picks it up.

"Hello?" he speaks with a shakey voice but nobody speaks back except the familiar dial tone that faintly beeps.

He lets out a breath slamming the phone back down and sitting at the edge of the bed, his head in his hands, he's going crazy.

He hasn't spoken to his boyfriend in days and it's taking a huge toll on him.

Soon, he hears his phone begin to ring so he quickly shuffles to grab it hoping to see the familiar name of Liams show up with an incoming face time but is truly disappointed seeing his mother's contact, despite this, he answers it.

"Hi sweetie, I'm at the store would you like anything?"

Sam sighs in disappointment before turning down her offer, the conversation quick and short ending with an "I'll be home later."

Sighing as he removes his phone from his ear he stares at the screen before deciding upon trying to call Liam again.

Allowing it to ring, tears brim his eyes as there's still no answer from the boy.

"hey, it's Liam. I'm busy right now so leave me a message."

Letting out a slow shakey breath Sam opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out but a pathetic sob.

"Please call me back.. or text? uh.. I miss you a lot.. I um I-i love you."