13

June 28th
-

Feeling bored and lonely, Sams mind wanders off to Colby. Soon coming to terms with himself that he would like to hang out with the boy after weeks of no contact with him.

However, he doesn't know when the brunette is free to do so, too caught up in the time together they still haven't exchanged phone numbers.

He sighs heavily finding it annoying how they haven't done so, just wanting an easier way to ask rather than having to go down the street to ask and have the possibility of being declined and told they are busy and have to walk all the way back.

Though that's probably not the case, knowing Colby would be up to hang out anytime, he just doesn't want to be a bother to his family.

As if reading his mind his mother speaks up.

"Sweetie, why don't you just go hang out with Colby? You seem awfully bored" she speaks seeing as he stares at the wall rather than watching the show that play on the tv as their family watches it together.

Sam shrugs looking over at her "I don't want to bother his family, I haven't got his number yet" she hums with a soft laugh.

"Don't be silly hun, they're a lovely family you won't be a bother."

Sam shrugs, humming softly knowing it's true but that's not what he means when he says that.

"Why don't you use that funny looking phone in your room you used to talk to Liam, I'm sure it still works" Allison butts in their conversation.

Sam gasps jumping up from the couch and going up to his room ignoring the laughs of his family.

Standing infront of the phone he freezes,

What are you doing?

Just go walk to his house, stop being ridiculous, you can't use the phone.

He ignores his thoughts as he grabs ahold of the phone, the number to Liam's old home being remembered as he punches in the numbers.

Sitting on his bed he waits for an answer.
His mind flooding with thoughts.

"Hello..?" a timid voice speaks making Sam jump.

"Oh! hello! is this Colby?" Sam asks with a small giggle, a smile spreading across his face.

"Yes.. it is..?"

Sam laughs at his confused tone although his voice sounds slightly different and muffled over the old phone, he can make out the sound of his voice fairly well being used to the way it sounds.

"Hi! It's Sam, I was just wondering if you would like to hangout? Maybe, I dunno I-"

"Sam?! oh my god of course! Why didn't you just come over?"

Sam giggles.

"Because," he slightly pulls out the word.

"I wanted it to be a sleep over this time?" His voice goes high at the end of his sentence as he questions the boy.

"Hell yeah, my place or yours?"

Sam smiles.

"Yours! I'll be there soon!"