19

July 29th
-

Sams eyes flutter open and he winces at the bright beam of the sun in his eyes, he grunts and sits up covering the view of the sun.

Rubbing his eyes he's able to hear cheerful squeals in the distance, furrowing his brows, he looks around before sighing softly.

He's fallen asleep in the field.

He stands up gathering his heels and phone.

Pressing the power button he sighs when he's met with the dead battery warning.

He clutches his items in his arms not bothering to put on his heels as he makes his way out of the hidden field and back into the park that's now filled of children.

He begins his walk back home.

-
Hearing a honk of a cars horn he jumps looking up seeing the familiar car.

"Sam! What the hell?! Get in!" he giggles at his friend seeing a smile on his face as he scolds him.

He rushes over and opens the passenger door before hopping in.

"Good morning!" Sam greets, pulling on his seatbelt.

"It's 2pm, Sam" Sam gasps

"Oh my god, really?!"

Colby shakes his head with a sigh as he begins to drive again.

"Where did you go, silly? Everyone's worried about you."

Sam frowns, looking out the window.

"I'm sorry, I just, I dunno.. went for a walk last night" he explains.

"I didn't mean to be any trouble."

Colby glances over at him with raised brows.

"Sam, your in a dress? You went for a walk like that?"

Sam nods with a smile.

"Yes. Is that a problem?"

Colby shakes his head with a small smile and rests his elbow against the car door as his hand is outside the open window gently tapping the roof of the car.

"Your something else Sammy, y'know that?"

Furrowing his brows, he looks over at Colby "whats that supposed to mean?" he tilts his head.

Colby shrugs glancing over at him.

"You, one: completely forgotten about me, then totally disappeared, y'know, whatever happened that day at my house, Sam, isn't something you should bottle up and hide like this, your whole family has noticed you distancing yourself. I've noticed as well, you made me worry Sam, I knew you wanted your privacy and space so I let it be but I couldn't help but worry today, you scared me, everyone for that matter."

Sam frowns, looking in his lap.

"I'm not mad at you, okay? not one bit, I may not know what's going on with you but I do know this is for a reason, a serious reason that means something to you."

"Whatever to make you feel better be my guest and do that, but, I just don't want you to completely lose yourself either. I want you to talk to somebody, whether that be me or someone else I do not care, I just want you to talk about it, okay? I really care about you and don't want you getting hurt, okay Sammy?"

Colby finishes, glancing over at the blonde seeing him nod.

"Okay.." he whispers.

Colby pulls his car into his driveway.

"C'mon, I'll walk you to your house."

Sam nods stepping out of the car at the same time as Colby.

They meet at the back of his car and Colby pulls him into a hug.

"I missed you Sam, I truly did, feel free to take more time to yourself, alright? Just let someone know what's going on."

Sam nods, melting into Colbys touch.

"Okay" he sniffles.

The brunette pulls him away and gently cups his cheeks.

"Don't cry Sammy, there's no reason for that. Your ruining your pretty makeup" he says as he wipes away his mascara mixed tears.

Sam smiles looking into his eyes.

"Enough, I hate seeing you cry" he says gently wiping a tear that forces it's way out.

"C'mon, your mother is worried."

He gently grabs onto Sam's free hand and walks him down the driveway before crossing the road.

They get to the blondes home, not uttering a single word just happy to be with each other in this moment.

Opening the door the two walk into the living room.

They find Sam's family sitting on the couch with worried expressions on their faces as they try to forget about it by watching tv, his mother hugging her husband for security.

"Text me, okay? Anything, I'm here for you whenever you need, don't be scared to come to me I'll be happy to help" he whispers for Sam to hear and only him.

"O-okay.. thank you"

Colby gives his a small smile, looking at him it's a soft gaze.

Gently squeezing the smallers hand, he glances down at them.

Raising their hands up he presses a gentle kiss to the back of the blondes hand.

"Sam!!"

The brunette let's go of his hand as Sams mother springs up from the couch.

"Oh my goodness, where were you?! You scared me half to death baby" she says cupping his cheeks before pulling him into a hug where he breaks down in her arms clinging onto her.

"I'm sorry," he chokes out.

"Thank you for finding him and bringing him back" his father says looking at Colby and he smiles nodding his head.

"Yeah, of course, he says he was taking a late night walk, he had fallen asleep in the park I assume" Colby informs.

"I'm going to get going, gotta let my mom know he's alright" he nods wrapping his arm around Cindy's waist as he looks at his son as his mother asks him many questions.

"Get some rest Sammy" Colby says gently ruffling his hair, sparing one last glance before leaving their home.