29

September 13th
-

"I fucked up, Jake, so fucking bad" Colby says, tears pooling his eyes.

"Woah, what happened brother?" Jake asks allowing him to enter his house.

"I fucked up" he repeats.

Jake hums leading him over to his living room and sitting him on the couch.

"What did you do?" He asks.

"I kissed him-" he chokes out, putting his hands over his face, his leg bouncing.

"Wha-"

"I kissed Sam! I- I didn't mean to- it just happened! We were- and I-"

"Colby, calm down, yeah? chill for a minute."

Colby let's out a heavy breath, it coming out as a choked sob.

"I kissed him.. I mean, I'm pretty sure he kissed back? But I don't know, it all happened so fast, he pulled away and got up telling me to take him back home as he ran back to the car.. he- he won't answer my text or calls, he- he hates me."

Jake gently rubs his back.

"He probably doesn't hate you dude, just give it time.. I mean he has a boyfriend of course he's gonna freak, he's probably worrying about how he practically cheated, just don't worry about it so much, I'm sure everything will settle and he'll come around and talk to you."

Colby nods slowly taking in his words.

"I hope your right.."

September 16th
-

Colby tries to get a hold of Sam in anyway possible, making sure to give him a bit of time to himself before bombarding him with a bunch of spammed text and calls.

Though, no matter how hard he tried his attempts fail and end in an ignored attempt.

Arriving at the thick branch near Sam's bedroom window, he taps at the glass with a stick getting no answer.

Being able to see the lamp in his room on through the closed curtains, he calls out.

"Sam! please! I'm sorry!"

"Sam, please." he says desperately.

"Let me in, I want to explain myself."

He taps at the window repeatedly making Sam irritated at the constant tapping.

Opening the curtains he reveals to Colby the exhausted state of himself making Colbys heart break, a frown coming to his face.

"I'm so sorry.." he mumbles.

Sam sighs, a frown coming to his face as well.

He opens the window.

"What are you doing here?" he sighs.

"To apologize... I- I didn't mean it."

Sam bites his cheek not able to help the hurt he feels at those words.

"Let me in? It's a bit chilly out here, I promise to be quick, I wish to explain myself."

Sam nods slowly, stepping aside allowing Colby to come in.

Sitting at the bed Colby is quick to speak.

"I'm sorry Sam, I'm so so sorry.. it was very inconsiderate of me to do that, and- I don't know what came over me.. it was wrong to do that especially knowing you have a boyfriend and shit, I'm so very sorry Sam, I wasn't thinking."

Colby apologizes, a silence falling over the two.

"It's okay.. I- I didn't hate it," Sam admits, breaking the silence.

"You didn't?" Colbys voice goes high, Sam shakes his head.

"I quite enjoyed it actually... it was.. nice."

Colby smiles.

"Then why'd you run?" Sam frowns.

"I was scared.. I just, I'm still technically with Liam, no? I don't want to cheat on him... and, and I still don't totally understand my feelings, not at all" Colby nods.

"I'm very sorry Sam, how about we pretend it never happened?" Sam frowns slowly nodding.

"Yeah? We okay?"

Sam shrugs as he leans into Colbys chest when he pulls him into a hug.

"Hm?" Sam looks up at Colby slightly.

"I don't want to pretend it never happened... I mean, unless you really didn't mean it I-"

"I did mean it Sam. I will admit it, I have strong feelings for you, the way Liam is treating you makes me so upset, your too precious to be treated like this Sam, knowing he isn't giving you everything you deserve and more makes me beyond upset.. but, I want to respect your decisions. If you want to be with him then fine, I just don't want to lose you as a friend."

Sam bites his lip, tears welling his eyes as he looks into Colbys loving ones.

"Don't cry Sammy, why are you crying?"

Sam chokes back a sob shoving his head into Colbys chest, crying out a sob.

"I-I'm so confused!"