43

Music fills the blondes bedroom as he sits on the ground, criss cross.

Theres different items scattered along the ground infront of him.

His bedroom floor holding different piles, having sorted out everything all over the place as he cleans.

His room quickly accumulating such a large mess with his week long sleepover with Colby.

He begins putting away each pile in their respective places.

Reaching the last pile after a long while he lets out a soft sigh sitting on the floor.

Pulling open a drawer a frown comes to his lips seeing a picture of him and Liam.

He grabs it.

He studies the photo.

They look so happy.

Reaching into the drawer he pulls out a small box.

He opens it, revealing different polaroids of him and Liam.

He frowns seeing a picture of himself, a wide smile on his face as he poses with his plate of food in a very fancy restaurant.

Liam had taken him there for one of their many dates together, the photo being taken by Liam himself.

He sighs and reaches into the box again.

He pulls out the next photo.

It's a picture of the two of them, Sam taking it himself- selfie style.

The two boys are making silly faces.

He smiles sadly, ghosting his finger across the picture.

"What happened to you?" he whispers quietly, digging into the box.

He grabs another.

It portrays the once happy couple kissing.

He scans the photo, his eyes landing on his hand that rests on Liam's cheek.

A shiny ring decorating his finger.

His heart drops remembering the day so clearly as if it were yesterday.

The two being so happy and in love.

Liam took them on adventures that day doing everything and anything they wanted, having so much fun.

The best anniversary ever to Sam.

Liam putting the cherry on top with the promise ring Liam had gave him.

Looking into the box he sees the ring sitting in the corner.

He frowns.

He slowly grabs it placing the pictures down into the box again.

He slouches, holding the ring, looking at it.

"What went wrong?" he mumbles.

"We were so happy.." he clutches the ring to his chest as tears pool his eyes.

"You promised to love me forever.. th'at you'd never leave" he sobs out quietly to himself.

"You'd always be there for me.. was it a lie? a-an empty promise?" he cries softly.

His heart aches with pain.

"Sam?"

Sam gasps putting the ring back in the box and shoving it back into the drawer.

Wiping his tears, he looks up.

"Ah, what are you doing?"

His mother had walked through the door.