11

June 6th
-

Colby knocks on the familiar door of the white house, awaiting for an answer.

Soon enough, Cindy opens up the door and gives the boy a small smile.

"Hey hun, I don't think Sam is looking for some company today" she informs earning a confused look from the boy.

"Oh.. why not? Is he busy today?" He questions earning a shake of her head.

"No, he's not."

"Well, can't we hang out then?" He asks "only a few hours is fine" he adds seeing the look on her face.

Opening her mouth to speak nothing comes out but a small sigh "alright, I suppose" she speaks, allowing the boy to enter her home.

Going upstairs Colby knocks on Sam's bedroom door, getting no answer but able to hear sobs from the other side, Colbys heart drops.

He knocks again in a rushed manner "Sa-" he starts "g-go away!!" Sam yells through sobs however, Colby ignores him and goes against his wishes walking in and closing the door.

"B-ben get-"

"Sam, Sam what's wrong? what happened??" Colby rushes out seeing the sobbing mess laying in bed.

Sam quickly sits up confused on why he's here.

Rushing over, Colby pulls the blonde into his arms, sitting next to him "what happened, hm? it's okay" Colby whispers.

He gently rubs his back only causing Sam to cry harder, clutching onto the back of Colbys shirt.

Colby soothes the weeping boy, whispering sweet nothings as he continues to rock their bodies and rub his back.

"What's going on?" Colby murmurs gently after a few minutes of Sam being calm.

Sam sighs shifting his position slightly, staying in Colbys arms, his cheek pressed against his chest.

Closing his eyes he lets out a few breathes before finally speaking.

"Today.. is mine and Liam's anniversary," he speaks quietly.

Colby hums along with his words allowing him to continue before he speaks.

"But, he hasn't made an effort to text me in weeks.. yesterday when you were here he texted me only to tell me he was busy and couldn't talk" Colby frowns feeling upset for the blonde.

"We both made a promise we'd make time for each other no matter what, but, he hasn't done anything to keep that promise.. we've only called and texted each other the first few days, then he's just been ignoring me" Colby hums again.

"Well, do you know what he's doing? Like, did he get a job? Or maybe he's still unpacking?" Sam shrugs.

"I dunno.. that's what makes me upset, he won't tell me anything anymore, he's just telling me he's busy with no reason why."

"Well, maybe his schedule is too full? He might've gotten a job or something, possibly just doesn't have time between unpacking, working, and sleeping to text. I dunno, I'm sorry this is happening, but I'm sure nothing is wrong or anything, he'll text you soon."

Sam nods slightly "yeah.. I guess."

"Okay, now, how about we do something to get your mind off, yeah? Maybe we could play games?" Colby speaks, gently pulling the blonde away.

"Or maybe watch some movies?" He continues, cupping the boys reddened cheeks and wiping the tears softly.

"Oh! maybe we could have a movie night- afternoon? We can get snacks and stuff and we can watch all your favorite movies" Sam smiles looking into Colbys eyes as he gazes into his with a soft look.

"Yeah? How does that sound?" He speaks softly.

Sam nods "yeah.. that sounds great" Colby smiles.

"Great! now.. um you get a movie started and I will get the snacks" he says as he finds the remote and grabs it, handing it to the boy.

"But you don't-"

"I'll be fine, I can get them, just get your favorite movie on!" Colby dismisses himself, exiting his room and finding the kitchen.

Finding Cindy in there he asks her for some snacks and ones Sam may like before heading back up the stairs to keep the blonde happy.

His heart aches for the blonde, he just wants him to be happy again.