66

December 2nd - 2:30am
-

The night is quiet, the aroma relaxing and cool.

The faucet turns on, it's high pitched squeak cracking through the peaceful air.

The water drools into the clear glass filling it up with it's crystal clear liquid.

Resting the edge of the glass between two pink lips, the brunette tilts his head back allowing the cool liquid flow into his mouth, relishing his dry mouth.

Sighing softly he turns and begins making his way out of the kitchen.

A loud ring screams into the quiet home, disturbing the relaxing aroma.

"Shit." Colby curses under his breath as he spills his water onto the ground due to the jumpscare of the loud ring.

Placing his cup down he scoffs slightly at the cringe feeling of his dampened socks, waving his right hand strongly at his side, flinging the cool droplets off his hand.

Grabbing the telephone, he peels the now wet cloth off his foot.

"Hello?" he murmurs into the phone whilst riding of his other sock.

The cold tile angrily nipping at his foot, the cold surface clashing with his warmth.

"Colby?" Sam's voice speaks, muffled through the old device.

Colby scrunches his brows "Sam?"

A smile breaks out onto his face at the realization.

"Hi Sammy, why are you calling- like through here?" he asks.

He misses him dearly, they haven't spoken in weeks. God how much he longs for the blonde.

"mmh'" the blonde hums out.

A sniffle that comes after makes Colbys smile fall.

"I just needed to tell you something, and um I lost my charger days ago."

Colby hums along, why doesn't he just barrow someone's?

He doesn't know but doesn't bother asking such questions, wanting to know what the blonde has to say.

"Okay" he settles on saying after a moment of silence.

Sam sniffles, making him frown.

They don't speak which both don't totally mind, they haven't had anything from anyone is weeks, they're happy to hear each other again.

Colby leans against the wall, his arms folded over slightly as best as they can be as he grips the bottom of the phone with a loose hold to keep it at his ear

"Are you doing okay?" he finally asks.

"mhm, yea-yeah I am" Colby hums slightly.

"um- sorry I-" Sam let's out a breath.

"I called because I felt I needed to let you know what was happening.. I don't want to leave you with no answers."

"Uh, Liam left, a few days ago.. the 29th." Sam starts off with.

Colby hums "yeah?"

"We spent the last days having fun like you said.. last day we had a talk."

Colby furrows his brows "that's good.. what was it you talked about?"

Sam sniffles, it falling silent again.

"I told him we kissed." He finally speaks.

Colby doesn't say anything, he's battling his mind of what could have went on.

Why is Sam crying right now? Is it because him and Liam broke up because of his confession? Or that he's calling to tell him they can't see each other anymore because Liam said so to be able to be together still?

"I told him because I couldn't hold the guilt of knowing I did that.. but that's all I said not about what happened that night" Sam's voice becomes quieter the more he talks.

"Okay.. what happened then... did-" he doesn't know what he's meant to ask, how he's supposed to phrase it.

"We broke up, Colby." Sam states with a shakey tone.

Colby can't help but feel a little relieved, who wouldn't?

He doesn't have to never see his favorite person again.

Of course, he feels a little sympathy for the blonde, he isn't totally selfish, he's just very relieved.

"I'm sorry Sam" Colby murmurs wholeheartedly.

"It's okay, we're still on good terms. He understands."

Colby smiles "that's great Sammy."

Sam let's out a small laugh, though it can be mistaken for a sob.

"I just- I just want to give myself more time, please. I want to focus on myself, if- if that's okay?"

"Absolutely Sammy, take however long you need. You don't have to ask for that, you didn't even have to call, but I appreciate it. Take as many days as you need, I'll be here with open arms at anytime, okay?"

"Okay, thank y'ou."

"Of course pretty, now get some rest, it's very late."