36

October 12th
-

"So Sam, how's it going with Landon?"

Jake asks as they all hang out in Sam's room.

Sam furrows his brows "Landon?" his voice is soft and full of confusion.

"Yeah, y'know your not-so-boyfriend boyfriend" Jake chuckles.

"Liam?" he says.

"Ah shit, yeah that guy" Jake says realizing his mistake.

Sam frowns looking up at Colby as they're sat next to each other on his bed.

"Sorry" he chuckles nervously.

"I needed a second opinion on something, besides what else was I supposed to do when you disappear on me?" Colby pouts apologetically.

Sam shakes his head with a small sigh.

"'m sorry, I haven't told him too much, he's the only one I've said anything to, I promise."

Colby apologizes, dropping his head upset he's leaked Sam's problems to a friend Sam isn't too close with.

"It's okay.. I guess."

"And uh what do you mean, Jake?"

He turns back to the distracted boy.

He hums looking up from his phone "oh, uh I dunno," he shrugs.

"Heard your doing this long distance thing and it wasn't going too well, just asking if it's any better" he shrugs just trying to make conversation.

"Well uh.. we're, fine" he answers rather hesitantly.

"Well uh.. okay" Jake mimics.

Sam sighs.

"I'm kinda sorta ghosting him okay? I dunno I- well I guess more so ignoring? If that's even different" he mumbles.

"He's just making me a little upset at the moment" he shrugs.

"Shit, what happened?" Jake asks.

Sam sighs shrugging his shoulders as he slumps back against the headboard.

Colby frowns giving Jake a look but he brushes it off begining to ask another question.

"If your so hung up about being on a break why are you pushing him away? don't you want to be with him? doing some shit like this makes it seem you can give less of a fuck, so? what are you doing?"

Colby glares at him "Jake. drop it" he says.

Sam stares at his hands that sit in his lap, he never thought of it like that.

Why is he ignoring him?

He wants to be with Liam, so why is he pushing him away?

All because he said an I love you? he's just showing he cares still and is waiting for the right moment to get back together again, so, why is he acting like this?

"Hm? Sam, hello?" he looks up at Jake.

"Sorry, what?"

"I said, you love him, right? so what's the problem?"

Sam's heart drops to his stomach.

He looks over at Colby seeing he's looking at him with soft, caring eyes.

He glances down at his hand, Colby is rubbing his knee soothingly.

He can barely hear him saying comforting things to him telling him to ignore Jakes questions.

His eyes begin to well with tears as he glances back at Jake who waits for an answer then back at Colby seeing such love and care in his eyes.

He chokes back a sob.

What is happening to him?