30

September 20th
-

Sam arrives at Colbys home and walks into his room to see he isn't alone.

"Oh! Sam! I didn't know you were coming?" Colby grins.

"Yeah.. I didn't want to go to the store with my family, whos this?"

He looks at the other boy around their age sitting at the small sofa as he walks in.

"Oh, that's Jake, he's an old friend of mine, back in elementary before I moved" he explains as Sam settles into his bed next to him.

"Oh" Sam smiles softly.

"Hey! it's nice to see you, I've heard a lot about you!" Jake exclaims jumping up from the couch and going to the bed sitting infront of the two boys.

"Oh, hi" Sam says timidly, looking at the strange boy.

"So, how about we play a game?" Colby suggests already grabbing three controllers.

"Hell yeah!" Jake exclaims taking a controller before returning to his previous spot.

"I didn't know you still talked to your old friends?" Sam says as he takes the other controller.

Colby hums "I didn't, I reached out to him a few weeks back letting him know I was back, I stumbled upon his Instagram and we caught up on some things."

Sam smiles, leaning back against the headboard.

"Hey, I never seen you around, what school you did you go to?" Jake asks looking at the blonde.

"Oh, uh blue valley" Jake furrows his brows.

"For real? I did too I've never seen you?" Sam shrugs.

"Wasn't much of a popular kid, I was kinda just there, I only really hung out with my- Liam" Sam cuts himself off.

He's not totally sure if he still deserves the boyfriend label considering their very distant relationship.

"Ah, makes sense, you remember me? Jake Webber, was the clown of the school I guess" he laughs at himself.

Sam smiles looking over at him scanning his face and appearance and nodding "yeah, I do actually, didn't you get suspended one too many times and got held back one year?" Jake chuckles.

"Yeah I did, funny story actually."

Sam giggles averting his gaze to the tv.

Jake begins to tell a story, Sam looking at the tv and choosing his character.

Falling out of the conversation not quite interested as Colby engages into it, he focuses on the game drowning out the twos conversation.

-
"Bye" Sam waves at the boy as his mother calls him home.

The boy leaves the room, leaving the two alone.

Gazing back at the tv Colby gently ruffles his hair "how you doing Sammy? you okay?"

Sam looks over at him and smiles slightly.

"You've been a little too quiet" he adds.

Sam hums "not in the talking mood" he says and Colby hums.

"And why's that?" Sam shrugs.

"Just, I dunno I haven't been in the best mood I guess" he sighs.

Colby hums gently pulling Sam into his side "why?" he frowns, rubbing his side comfortingly.

Sam sighs, closing his eyes

"I've been thinking, maybe a little too much" Colby hums resting his chin on Sam's head.

"About?"

"Liam, me.. you" Sam mumbles.

"I'm just lost, I came over to just have some company I guess, I've been alone for too long" Colby hums.

"We seen each other yesterday" Colby chuckles softly as he had went over to hang out for a few hours.

"Mh' I know, I got.. lonely" Colby frowns, pulling him closer.

"I'm here now Sammy, don't worry."

Sam let's out a breath relaxing in Colbys hold, tears brimming his eyes, far too confused with his feelings.

His heart longs for the touch and care from Colby but, his mind screams for Liam.