23

August 16th
-

Sam perks up questionably hearing his telephone ringing.

Reaching a tired arm over he takes the phone into his hand.

"Sam! Sammy!!" Colbys voice exclaims in a loud whisper and Sam giggles.

"Colby? What is it? Why are you calling me on here, not to mention so late?" he asks with a raspy voice.

"I got grounded" Colby grumbles.

"My mom took my phone away."

Sam laughs softly.

"What did you do?" he asks as he sits up comfortably, gently twirling his finger around the swirly cord.

"I didn't do what she asked like last week and she got upset with me when I told her I was going to go to your house this morning and she yelled at me."

Sam smiles, shaking his head.

"Your silly Colby."

Colby giggles making Sam smile more.

"Hey, I thought you guys were taking down the phone?" Sam asks confused, his brows furrowed.

"Well we were, I think since it actually works my mom changed her mind, if not then she hasn't got around to making time for it."

Sam hums it going silent between the two.

"So," Colby starts.

"I was thinking, if your up for it, I could stop by."

Sam furrows his brows.

"Right now?"

"Yes, right now."

The blonde gasps.

"No way! your grounded."

Colby groans.

"But it's so boring and I can't sleep, Sammy let me come over."

Sam can hear the pout on his lips making him giggle.

"Goodnight, Colby."

He pulls the phone away from his ear.

"Wha- no!! Sam! don't you dare!" grinning at the faint yells he's able hear, he brings it back.

"Colby, your grounded and I'm tired, go to sleep."

Colby grumbles.

"Okay, fine, sleep well Sammy" Sam smiles.

"Goodnight" he says gently placing the phone back in it's rightful place before slipping back under his blanket and falling asleep.

August 28th
-

Sam sits on his bed with a pillow sitting in his lap, his phone in hand whilst it rings, on speaker.

Taking his newly found free time whilst Colby is grounded to prepare himself for the long awaited conversation with Liam.

Staring at the wall infront of him while his phone continues to ring waiting for the boy to pick up, sending an 'we need to talk' text prior to calling.

Soon, the call gets answered, a muffled shuffling being heard.

"Hey, sorry, I was asleep, hope I didn't keep you waiting too long" his voice speaks through the other end, being deep due to just waking up.

Sam jumps slightly not expecting to hear his voice just yet.

"Hello.. that's okay" Sam speaks quietly.