46

"Thank you Cindy, it's great seeing you again" Liam smiles kindly at her.

"Of course dear, happy birthday."

"Thank you."

He turns and leaves the dinning room after eating breakfast.

Sam sighs walking upstairs.

Liam follows behind as their hands are intertwined together.

Entering, Liam puts his suitcase by the door.

He slips his carry on bag off his shoulders and places it next to it.

"Looks the same" he smiles as he closes the door.

"Yep" Sam smiles jumping into the bed.

"What were you watching?" Liam asks crawling in bed next to him.

"Oh.. uhm,"

Sam looks at the tv seeing the show him and Colby are watching together pulled up, it being halfway through.

Colby had abruptly asked if he would like to go to breakfast with him in the middle of it.

"Uh just a show I put on while I was getting ready, wasn't paying attention" Sam shrugs backing out of it.

Liam hums.

He gently grabs Sams hand again, intertwining their fingers.

Sam looks at their hands, a small smile spreading across his face.

"I really did miss you" Liam murmurs.

"This move, it made me so anxious and nervous.. it fucked me all up,"

"God, I'm so sorry for putting you through what I did, I was so fucking scared of messing something up, fucking something up between us then not being able to fix it because we weren't together in person, I was so so scared, I didn't know how long distance relationships worked I didn't know how to do anything, it felt like we were starting completely over, going through our routines all over again, I was so afraid of losing you, losing you from so many possibilities I just- I don't fucking know what I was thinking."

Liam chuckles, shaking his head.

"I'm so incredibly sorry for ruining us, I tried to make it right, or at least I thought I was? It just went south, everything did.. I want us to start over, not like in general just start over from when I first moved, pretend whatever shit show went on while we were apart never happened, we're not on a break and we are not broken up, we are together, we're happy together just like we were before we ever found out I was moving."

Sams eyes brim with tears.

"A-are you moving back here?" he asks, looking up at him.

"Oh.. no no honey, I'm not, I do wish I was, did I make it seem that way?"

Sam shakes his head, leaning into his touch when he cups his cheek.

"No.. ju-just making sure" Liam hums.

"I love you Sam, so so much" Liam whispers.

"Just being here with you, is the best birthday gift I could ever ask for."

Liam leans in.

Their lips connect for a long awaited kiss.

Longing for this feeling again.

Sam chokes back a sob as he melts into it.

The feelings he thought were gone, now coming back.

Being next to each other again, helping the resurface of his feelings.

Being apart for so long made Sam forget the feeling Liam gives him.

He feels safe.

He likes this feeling, it reminds him of the past, of their happy moments together.

They jump apart when the door slams shut.

"What? who was that?" Sam asks looking up at Liam.

"I dunno? your mom maybe?"

Sam nods leaning into Liam.

"Let's watch a movie" Sam nods handing Liam the remote.