15

7:00pm
-

Sam lets out a scream his arm going out feeling the cool breeze sway through his fingers.

He sticks his head out, the air clashing with his face, his hair flying every which way.

Colby smiles looking over at the boy, smiling as the sun shines on his face, it's light falling perfectly on him as the sun sets creating a nice golden ray of light.

He looks back at the road and gripping the steering wheel as he presses down on the gas allowing the car to go faster.

"Oh my god!" Sam giggles out looking over at Colby with a large smile watching as the wind blows his hair all over the place as well due to having all the windows rolled down.

"This is amazing!" he says.

"Yeah?" Colby glances over at him with a smile.

Sam's heart flutters at his smile "yes!" he laughs happily "it feels amazing.. I love it! the air feels nice" he exclaims and Colby smiles.

"Well, how about we do this?" Colby smiles slowing down a bit as he reaches up and presses a button allowing the sunroof to open up.

Sam gasps looking at Colby with an excited glint in his eyes.

"Really? is that safe?" Sam asks as he unbuckles his seatbelt.

"Eh, probably not, but it's great, I'm sure you'll be just fine" Sam giggles lifting himself up to his knees.

"Be careful" Colby says as Sam reaches up and places his arms on the edge of the opening.

"Of course" Sam whispers before standing up.

Sticking his head out the window, he lets out an excited scream holding onto the car as he stumbles slightly.

"Careful!" Colby exclaims with a laugh reaching up and wrapping an arm around his waist holding him in place.

Sam smiles closing his eyes as a smile spreads across his face.

"Am I okay to go faster Sammy?" Sam grins.

"Yes! please do!" Colby hums pulling his hand away from Sam and grabbing ahold of the steering wheel and pressing down the gas allowing himself to go nearly 100 miles per hour.

Sam let's out yet another joyful scream lifting up his arms.

I'm feelin' electric tonight.
Cruisin' down the coast goin' 'bout 99.
Got my bad baby by my heavenly side.
I know if I go, I'll be die happy tonight.

Sam lets out a sigh as he throws his head back allowing himself to enjoy the feeling of the wind blowing against his face, his hands gently gripping against the car.

Allowing his mind to wander feeling content in this moment, yet his mind finds it's way to Liam, the memories they shared together running through his mind.

Kiss me hard before you go.
Summertime sadness.
I just wanted you to know.
That baby, you the best.

He feels tears find their way to his eyes, threatening to spill out but he doesn't allow them to. He can't cry anymore, not in this moment, not now.

He opens his eyes allowing himself to come back to this moment taking in the beautiful sunset setting behind the trees.

Think I'll miss your forever
Like the stars miss the sun in the mornin' sky.
Laters better than never.
Even if your gone, I'm gonna drive.

He lets out a scream feeling the car go faster and he lets his hands go up into the air feeling the harsh wind push them back and he squeals out laughs.

He's finally happy, he feels free.

He's finally becoming himself for the first time since this summer, since his boyfriend moved away.

Coming back down he giggles softly "have fun?" Colby smiles glancing at him.

Sam grins nodding his head.

"Yes! oh my god it was better than I thought!"

Colby smiles allowing the car to slow down a bit, still going very above speed limit.

"This is so awesome," Sam whispers leaning back in the seat, closing his eyes.

Colby smiles looking over at the pretty blonde sat in the passenger seat of his car.

"Your awesome" Colby smiles looking back at the road, Sam giggles gently hitting his arm.

"Oh, shut up."

Colby grins glancing over at Sam once again seeing the blush on his cheeks.

"Thoughts on ice cream?"

Sam's eyes light up "I love it!" Colby smiles bringing the car to a normal pace as he reaches the end of the road.

"Ice cream it is. Get your seatbelt back on" he says as he reaches over and takes ahold of the belt, the car coming to a stop at a stop sign.

Sam smiles at him looking down as he takes ahold of the belt and buckling himself up.

"Can we go back that way on our way back? I wanna do it again" Colby smiles glancing over at Sam.

"Of course, anything you'd like" he says gently pushing his fingers through Sam's messy blonde hair.

Sam blushes looking out his window.

"Thank you."