Chapter 2: A Friend To Talk To

.
.
.
It has been a few days after I got discharge. I learn a lot about this world from Mr. Aizawa and of course, from my surrounding. 80% of people in this world have powers or quirks that manisfested when they were 4.

After knowing this fact, made me and Mr. Aizawa wondered. Do I have a quirk? If yes, then what is it? Mr. Aizawa once suggested for me to do a quirk test to know what is my quirk, but I refused.

I didn't want to used his money for that. He already used a lot just to buy clothes, books, shoes, and others. Plus, even if I know what my quirk is, I didn't know how to use it. So, I decided to stay 'quirkless' and to my surprised, Mr. Aizawa agreed with me.

But, I also learned something else. I learned that I have an interest in heroes.
I didn't know if this is because I was saved by one before but something about heroes that gave me familiar feelings.

Mr. Aizawa once brought me to the school he teach in, UA High. It was fun because I got to meet some heroes in training and the teachers who also work as pro heroes, like Mr. Aizawa. For example, Mrs. Nemuri and Mr. Yamada also known as Midnight and Present Mic. They were very nice and funny.

I watched the students training, and to be honest, I can't stop having those feelings. What if being a hero is the answer? The only way I could think of to get my memories back?

I didn't want to tell Mr. Aizawa about it yet. I want to make my decision before talking with him. And here I am. Walking near the beach to think.

"What if he doesn't allow it? No, what if this isn't the way? What if they have doubt on me because I'm quirkless? Hah... how I wish I could ask someone about their opinion. Huh?"

I looked in front of me and saw a person who was sitting at the beach alone. Looks like God granted my wish. That was fast. Since he looks lonely, I decided to talk to him.

"Hey there. May I sit here? By the way, you can call me Boboiboy."

He looked surprised at first but quickly calmed down and smiled.

"Of course, Boboiboy. The name's Izuku Midoriya."

"Thank you, Midoriya. Why are you here alone?"

"Oh, I was just trained at the same time tried to clear the beach. I'm taking a break right now."

While he said that, I noticed there are some rubbish at the end of the beach.

"That's a really unique training style. I'm guessing you trained your strength by lifting those things, right?"

"Yup, you're right. Usually my mentor will watch my training but today he went to visit his friend who got hospitalized."

"I see."

There's silent for a minute before I started to change the topic.

"So, based on the trainings and all, I assume you're planning to be a hero?"

"Yup! It had always been my dream to be the number one hero like Allmight! I also wanted to go to UA, that's why I'm training for the entrence exam two weeks from now."

Right. Most people admired Allmight, the number one hero in Japan. From what I know, Allmight was a student of UA High before. Maybe that's why most people including Midoriya wanted to go to that school.

"How about you? Do you want to be a hero?"

I looked at Midoriya for a while before looking back at the ground.

"I.. I don't know. Say Midoriya. Do you think I can be a hero even thought I'm... quirkless?"

Silent. I don't know how is Midoriya's reaction after I ask that. I could already predict his answer. He will said that it was an unrealistic dream.

"Of course you can"

See what I said? I really don't have the chance to-

... Wait, did I hear that right?

I looked at Midoriya with shocked face. That really wasn't the answer I expected. Other people would think that it's impossible for quirkless person to be a hero. So why?

"Anyone can be a hero. As long as you had the desire and work very hard to be one. I'm pretty sure you can do it."

"T-Thank you. I really didn't expected that answer. I thought you would disagreed."

Midoriya laughed a little.

'Believe me, you don't want to know how it feels when people said that to you. I know, because I'd been there before.' Midoriya thought.

"Say Boboiboy, why do you want to be a hero?"

Should I tell him? The unrealistic reason I want to be a hero?

"Well, don't laugh at me once I told you the reason."

"Ok?"

I sighed and began to speak.

"You see, I had amnesia and I keep having this familiar feeling when it comes to heroes. The first thing that came to my mind is that... this may be one of the ways for me to get my memories back. I know it sounds ridiculous but that's what I thought."

Silent. I didn't see Midoriya's face because I was looking at the ground. My heart was pounding so quickly. I was afraid to hear Midoriya's opinion about my ridiculous thought. Maybe I shouldn't have said all those things.

"Well, for my opinion, you could be right."

Eh? I looked at Midoriya who was wearing a smile.

"Maybe you admired heroes before and wanted to be one when you're older. Or maybe you have some connections with heroes. For example, maybe some of the people you knew before are heroes. Who knows.

If you ask me, I think you should follow those familiar feelings you had. It could be that you got the feelings because it connects with your life before you had amnesia. But of course, it can also be that just your feelings and nothing more. It's up to you which one you believe."

He's right. This is my life, so I get to choose what's best for me. Other people could state their opinion but they can't force me to do things they wanted or believed. I'm really glad I met Midoriya today, so now I know which I should believe. I've made my decision.

"Thanks a lot, Midoriya. I already know the answer now. By the way, it's already late now. See you after two weeks?"

I stood up, followed by Midoriya.

"Sure, see you after two weeks."

After that, I quickly ran back home. I wanted to discuss this with Mr. Aizawa.
.
.
.