Chapter 3: Training Before Exam

.
.
.
At night, we were sitting at the dining room to discuss. Suddenly, the courage I had before disappeared. I'm scared. What if he doesn't have the same option like Midoriya?

"So, you said you want to discuss something with me. What is it?"

"Well..."

Alright, calmed yourself. If you told him your reason, maybe he can consider it?

"Mr. Aizawa. I want to ask your opinion about something."

"And that is?"

I gathered all the courage to looked at Mr. Aizawa in the eyes.

"Can I be a hero even with a 'quirkless' status?"

Mr. Aizawa look surprised. He must've never expected that question. He was thinking something before he sighed.

"There's no specific answer I could give you, Boboiboy. It could be dangerous for you whenever you were on missions or fighting villains. Plus, there's no such a think as quirkless hero."

I knew it. Maybe being a hero wasn't the answer after all.

"But, maybe you can be the first."

"Eh?"

I looked at Mr. Aizawa. Analysing his truthness on his face. And he means what he said.

"You- You really mean it?"

"Of course. I myself fight and capture villains quirklessly using my scarf and fighting skills. And yes, I did use my quirk to erase villains quirk but in the end I still fight them quirklessly."

Now that he said it, he's right. He can't use his quirk for too long unless he will get dried eyes. So what he's trying to say is-

"With or without quirk, anyone can be a hero if they work hard to achieve it. That's included you, Boboiboy. You can be a hero but I'll remind you.

Being a hero is more than just getting money or fame. The heroes top priority is the civilians safety. Civilians come first before yourself. We will do everything we could to protect the people we don't even know. That includes risking our own life."

I know. Heroes sacrificed everything just to protect civilians. There's always risks that they need to take. Unknowingly, I understand that very well.

"So I want to ask you, Boboiboy. Do you still willing to take the risk? You can get protection from the heroes if you just be civilians. You don't need to train hard and sacrificed everything just to protect some strangers.

So? What's your answer?"

I keep quite for a while before answering Mr. Aizawa's question.

"I still want to be a hero. Whatever the circumstances, I'm willing to take the risk. I don't want to be protect, I want to protect. That's why.. that's why I want to be a hero."

Mr. Aizawa smiled after hearing my answer.

"Alright then. I will train you for the remaining two weeks before the entrance exam. It's a very little time for you to train so you better prepared."

Alright, now I'm afraid to know Mr. Aizawa's training style. Well, you choose this path, just accepted it.

For now, we went to our room to sleep.

The next day, Mr. Aizawa woke me up at 5 in the morning.

"Wake up. It's time to train."

"Huhhh.. fine.."

Remember, you chose this path. Just accepted it.

We jogged for who knows how far. Then we jogged pass the beach. I saw Midoriya was struggling with his training. There was a blond fragile man watching Midoriya. I guess the man was Midoriya's mentor.

Once we arrived at an open field, full of trees around us. I gotta admit, this place felt very peaceful.

"This will be our training ground for another 2 weeks."

"Oh.. so, what are we going to do now?"

"Come at me. Fight me. If you manage to touch me, you win. I won't be using my scarf. It's a hand to hand battle. Understand?"

"Yes!"

"Good. Ready. Begin!"

With that I ran towards him. I went to punch him but of course, he dodged it. In instant, he kicked me. Well, at least he didn't kick that hard. Without me prepared, he ran towards he and sent a lot of punch. I tried to dodged but it got harder and harder each punch. I lose my focus for a second but that was enough of time for Mr. Aizawa to slack my legs.

"Focus, Boboiboy. Prove to me the things you said last night. Show me your spirit. You want to be a hero, right? So prove it."

He's right. If I keep this on, other heroes always need to protect me. I don't want to be protect, I want to protect! I will prove it to Mr. Aizawa today!

I stood up, fix my posture and looked at him in the eyes. Mr. Aizawa looked shock.

'That's... that posture..' he though.

Without wasting anytime, I ran towards him. This time, faster than before. I didn't know where did I get these speed and skills but I just did. Mr. Aizawa intended to kick me but I quickly dodged and slacked his legs to make him fall.

Mr. Aizawa did a back flip to make sure he didn't fell. Of course, it takes more than that to make him fall. But it's more than enough to make him unprepared for a couple of seconds. And it's more than enough for me to end the training

Mr. Aizawa looked surprise to see that I managed to touch him. But suddenly he slacked my leg and made me fall on the ground.

"Not fair! I didn't prepare yet! Plus, you said-!"

"That's what you're wrong. The enemy won't be fair and wait until you prepared. It's the same in battle field. The villains will attack anytime they wanted. That's why you need to be prepared 24/7 because there is no countdown in battle field."

I sighed. It's true though. So I let this slide.

"Besides that, you knew how to fight?"

"Eh? I don't.. or maybe I did? I-.. I don't know. I just moved by instinct."

"I see. It's okay then. Come on. It's 6.30 in the morning. We still didn't eat breakfast yet. After this, I need to go to UA."

"Can I come?"

"Sure, do whatever you want just don't disturb me."

"I won't!"

After take a bath and change clothes, we headed to UA. We buy some sandwiches at the cafeteria. Mr. Aizawa bought a cup of black coffee while I bought a cup of hot chocolate. It's not the same hot chocolate I got back in the hospital but it still taste good.

And that's how my routine for the past 2 weeks. I will train early in the morning, went to UA and borrowed one of their training ground to train, watched he students training. Then, in the evening, I will jogged at the beach.

Usually I would just waved at Midoriya whenever I see him training at the beach. I wanted to help but he refused. Saying if he wanted to do his best in the exam, he must do it with all his strength alone.

Well, I couldn't argue with him if that's his choice. Plus, I also have my own training. Everyone worked very hard to achieve what they dream of. But of course, work hard alone wasn't enough. The desire to achieve it is also important.

I really wished I was prepared for the entrance exam.

"Don't worry. If you pay attention to all the things I said and be serious in training, you will survive the exam."

That's what Mr. Aizawa said and I believed in him.
.
.
.