Chapter 22: Prepare Before Battle

.
.
.
"We'll proceed to the afternoon portion after one hour lunch break! See you then! Hey, Eraserhead, wanna grab some food?"

"I'm taking a nap."

"Wha-"

Pfft- knew it.

Suddenly, I saw Todoroki asking Midoriya something before walking away. I quickly went to Midoriya before he followed Todoroki.

"Midoriya!"

Both of them turned to look at me before Midoriya told Todoroki to go ahead first.

"What is it?"

"Where are you two going?"

"Well, Todoroki suddenly wanted to talk with me privately. Why?"

I kept quiet for awhile, thinking of the right words to say.

"Help him..."

"Hm?"

Midoriya tilted his head to the right a bit. He looked at me with confusion.

"You need to help him, Midoriya."

"Help him? Why? Is he in danger?! Or does he has a problem? Or do you mean, I need to help him winning the Sport Festival even though I think he's more than capable of doing that with his quirk?"

"N-No! It's just that... I think Todoroki needs your help. Maybe that's why he wanted to meet you?"

Midoriya raised an eyebrow.

"Sounds more like a question than a statement."

"I don't know how to explain it but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with his father, Endeavour."

I looked at the hero while mentioning his name. Midoriya also looked at the hero in a bit confusion.

"Why did you say that?"

"It's... nothing. I just have the feeling. Anyway, you should go talk with Todoroki now. You don't want to make him wait, right?"

"Oh, right! I will be right back!"

With that, Midoriya left.

There's only one thing in my mind right now. In Cavalry Battle, I noticed how surprised he looked when he used his fire until he immediately canceled his quirk. Maybe he didn't want to burn anyone. But still, the expression on his face when he looked at Endeavour was very cold. As cold as ice.

Whatever problems he had, I just hope Midoriya can help him.

"Boboiboy, come on!"

"Coming!"

Since it was lunch time, we decided to get some food together. While we were on our way to the cafeteria, everyone have been talking about Iida's secret move.

"No fair, Iida! Hiding that super-secret move from us!"

"It isn't a matter of 'fair'. I simply went beyond the prescribed usage! I really just wanted to measure up to Midoriya. Not to mention, you also hide a secret move too, huh? Boboiboy?"

"Hm?"

Almost everyone's attention were on me. I gulped in nervous.

"That red lighting and speed. It was very different from the one we saw before."

I smiled nervously before answering.

"It was one of my quirk's abilities, I guess. Each of my quirks have their own stages of power. The one you saw before was my lighting quirk on first stage. While in the cavalry battle was my lighting quirk's second stage. I called it Thunderstorm.