Chapter 35: Finding The Twins

.

.

.

.

.
"Well, that was tiring." I sighed.

"You're doing a great job so far." Said Maskmana.

We were sitting outside of the centre.

"Thanks Maskmana. It's just my luck that the citizens here are all nice."

"Well, I can't deny that. But that was a great start. After this, you might meet various type of people. You just need to be ready to deal with them."

"I understand."

"Take a rest for now. I will be with the other heroes, dealing with the construction."

I nodded as I did the salute I just learnt. Maskmana looked a bit surprise but quickly recovered and did the salute too. Then, he started leaving the centre with some agents from the agency.

'Guess I'm on my own now. Nah, it's alright. I'm sure nothing's bad is gonna happen.' I thought.

______

'I talked too soon.' I sighed.

"Isami where are you?!"

Currently, I was in the middle of the destroyed buildings, trying to find Isami, one of the orphans. How can I end up like this? Well....

Flashback...

I was just chilling before Miss Rose came to me in panic. Saying that one of the kids, AKA Isami, was gone and probably was outside, trying to find someone named Ayumi.

"Ayumi is Isami's twin sister. They got separated with eachother when the earthquake happened. Due to having a tracking quirk, he always wanted to find her by himself." explained Miss Rose.

"If that so then wouldn't that be great? He can track where Ayumi's are, then track the centre's location and bring both of them back here, right?"

"Only if that was the case. His quirk has a range limit which will give him a bit problem to track her whereabouts. He will be wondering around the city while using his quirk to find her. If he exhausted himself, he might collapsed! Not to mention, I'm worried if he ever encountered a villain." said Miss Rose.

"Did you tell the heroes about Ayumi?"

"I did but until now, the heroes didn't find her. Until, Isami kinda loss his trust on heroes and decided to take actions himself."

'Well... like Maskmana said... civilian trust is very important for a reason.' I thought.

I sighed and and gave her my assurance smile.

"Don't worry. I will try my best to help you find him and Ayumi. Also-"

I looked around, try to find any hero that could help me but there was none.

'Where in the galaxy are the other heroes when I need them the most? Were everyone busy dealing with the rubbles or what?' I thought.

Then, I turned my attention back on Miss Rose.

"If a hero with a mask ask you about me, tell him everything you know, okay?" I said. Better left a message for her to deliver it to Maskmana. Why not just call him? My phone is in the car and the car is locked. You see how much bad luck I had so far?

And here I am, wandering around the destroyed city, not knowing where to start searching for Isami. I tend to look at my watch to see the time, just to found nothing on my wrist.