Extra Chapter: New Year

.
.
.
.
.
"Dear journal,

It's almost the end of 2023. I still can't believe the things that I had achieved until now. Though I didn't remember the events that happened before I had memory loss, I just hope that my life was great. Everyone is very excited for the arrival of the new year..."

_________________________________________

It was recess time. Most people already have their meal and was waiting for their next class. Boboiboy was reading a book in class when he noticed some people were approaching him. He stopped his reading and placed the book on his desk. Then, he looked at the people who approached him which was none other than Midoriya, Uraraka, Iida and Todoroki.

"What's up, guys? You need anything?" Boboiboy asked.

"Nothing. Just wanted to hang out." said Uraraka.

"I can't believe it's almost the end of 2023. Scratch that, it's tomorrow! I feel like it was last week since we have our sports festival." said Iida.

"Well, better than me. I felt like it was just yesterday when I first met you, Boboiboy." said Midoriya.

"That's ... a bit far back, Midoriya." Boboiboy sweatdropped.

"I can't wait to watch fireworks tonight! It must be very beautiful!" said Uraraka excitedly.

"Yeah, fireworks as a starter for the new year. Time sure flew fast." commented Boboiboy.

"Hey! Since it will be a new year soon, how about we share our resolutions! You know, new year, new resolutions." suggested Uraraka and they all agreed to the idea.

_________________________________________

"We started telling our new year resolutions. Some still have the same resolutions for the new year and some has a new one. To put it simple, most of our resolutions are the same. To become a great hero, a better student, get good grades, training hard and others. It's good that everyone have their own goals for the up coming year..."

_________________________________________

"I will start! So, my resolutions are to be a better student, have good grades and of course, I want to help my parents to find some money. If possible, I want to think of other ways I can do with my quirk. Like, what else can I do with my quirk other than make me and the others float into thin air. Lastly, I want to learn more martial arts." said Uraraka.

"Woah, good luck Uraraka." said Midoriya.

"I'm sure you can do it." added Todoroki.

"Bravo, Uraraka. Bravo!" said Iida while clapping his hands.

"If you don't mind, I know quite a lot about martial arts. I can help you to learn it the best I can." Boboiboy suggested.

"Really?! Thank you Boboiboy!" Uraraka thanked him.

"How about you Iida?" Boboiboy asked.

"Oh, just like Uraraka, I want to be a better student, better grades, and train hard to become a better hero. Nothing speacial. How about you Todoroki?"

"My goal for 2024 is to accomplish the goals I set on 2023 which I should have done in 2022 because I made a promise in 2021 which I planned in 2020 and the years back."

"...."

"And... that is?"

"To give Endeavour a taste of his own medicine." said Todoroki casually while the others started to feel dark aura around Todoroki.

'Oh god. Just what is he thinking right now?' The rest of them thought while sweatdropping.

"Midoriya? Your turn." said Boboiboy, trying to break their awkward moment.

"Oh yeah. So uh... it's nothing special. Mostly kinda the same like Uraraka and Iida. Besides that, I also want to buy the newest All Might merch that will be release on February 2024!!!" Midoriya said while his eyes was shining brightly, as if there were a few stars on his eyes.

"I see. I'm sure you can achieve it with ease." said Iida.

"Now Boboiboy. You had been asking us about our resolutions. Now, it's time to hear yours." said Uraraka.

"Well, nothing special, really. Almost the same like you guys. Good student, better grades, train hard and all. But, other than that, I also have other goals I wish to achieve."

"And that is?" asked Iida.

Boboiboy looked out of the window. The sky looked very beautiful and calm for his opinion.

"If possible, I want to remember everything. I want to remember the people that is important to me. Other than that, I want to meet them again. My family and friends. I wish to meet them again even though I didn't remember them fully."

"Right... I almost forgot you have memory loss." admitted Uraraka.

"Don't worry Boboiboy. I'm sure you will remember everything sooner or later." said Iida.

"And we will always be here to help you." added Midoriya.

"If you remember anything that involve that old man, tell me as soon as possible. We can make plans together." said Todoroki which make the brunette giggled.

"Alright, I will keep that in mind. Thanks guys."

Then, their conversation need to cut short since recess time was already over.

_________________________________________

It was night and Boboiboy was writing something in his journal at his study table. He planned to write everything on his mind while waiting for the fireworks.

"I know I told them that I want to remember everything and want to meet my friends and family again. But that's not all of my resolutions for 2024. There still one more. I want to meet him... Mr. MH... I want to know my relationship with him. I want to meet him one day..."

Suddently, Boboiboy heard a knock at his room's balcony. Out of curiosity, he stopped his work and walked towards the balcony. When he opened the sliding door leading to the balcony, he saw no one. Except a box at the edge of the balcony. He went to pick up the box and examined it.

'Where did this box comes from?' He thought.

Once he opened the box, Boboiboy was  surprised to see a piece of chocolate cake and a note.

'Happy New Year, Boboiboy. It's time to close the previous book and open a whole new book. New year is the glittering light to brigthen the dreame-lined pathway of the future. Hope you can achieve all of your resolutions for 2024.'

- M.H.

"This guy... since when did he prepared this? The fact that he knows where I lived is kinda creepy, but I guess I can trust him."

In instances, a colourful bright light could be seen on the night sky. The fireworks. It's already 2024. Boboiboy smiled while watching the fireworks, still holding the box.

'Happy New Year, Mr. MH. Wherever you are, I'm sure you are watching the same fireworks as I am. Hope to meet you one day.'

"Though the past year had been quite rough for me, but at least, I made it till the end. And I'm sure I can do the same thing for this year. I'm looking forward to every adventures I will get in the future."

________________________________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Oh my god, I felt like it was just yesterday that I entered my teen age (13). But now, I almost reach my adult age (18)!! Well not really cuz my birthday is on December so I'm still 17 until December 2024.

But, let's put that aside. I hope you guys will survive another year in this chaotic world!!! Very chaotic until we wished that we are in fantasy stories we read on novels and wattpad.

I hope all of your goals for this year will be achieved until the end of the year! Can't believe I had been working on this story for one year. Damn, I really took that long huh? Don't worry cuz one of my resolutions for 2024 is to finish this book by the end of 2024!!! I hope you can wait for me. I will come back on March. Have a great time for the whole year everyone!!!