19

'Confirmation we haven't time traveled ' Hilda said, uncaring that Aaron was outside being threatened by an army and Rama. Aaron appearing at least answered a couple of the pressing questions. Year was still current. I also knew I was somewhere Aaron could follow. Escape might really be possible.  However several more questions popped up to replace any answered questions.

Why even have windows if the glass was this thick and uneven. I couldn't see either Aaron or Rama's faces clearly enough to tell how their meeting was going. Both were just standing there. I knew how Aaron looked when he was tense. Rama could probably snap his fingers to kill Aaron with a thought
.
Hilda was being unusually quiet. She should have hit me with at least mood for being so stupid that even after what Aaron had done, I didn't want him to get hurt. I didn't want to be with him. Never again like how it had been. I couldn't just turn years of love or all the memories growing up together completely away.

I felt Hilda rise, 'You're not stupid Avalon-' I was certain she was about to say something else. She was cut off when Rama flung his cape out wide as he turned around to look at the castle. My room was dark, these windows were terrible. I couldn't see more than just the shape of him. There was no way that Rama could see me.

Except for the certainty that he was looking directly into my eyes when he raised his hand and must have snapped his fingers. Teleporting me outside in the flimsy nightgown I had picked to wear when I had been locked inside a room alone.

My eyes when wide. Too many people, I was too naked. I hadn't ever had the chance to get used to being undressed in front of people. 'Modest like the primest human.'  Hilda didn't get to finish teasing me before I heard the sound of fabric snapping and Rama was before me, carefully laying his cloak over my shoulders. Covering me as he fastened the ornate gold bejeweled clasp at my throat.

I looked up into Rama's eyes, shocked first by being snapped out of my bedroom. Only for the shock to continue to build as Rama tenderly wrapped me in his thick cape that smelled strongly of him. All I could do was stand dumbly. I didn't realize my mouth was hanging open until Rama barely brushed a finger tip under my chin. Making me snap my mouth closed with an audible click as my teeth hit together.

"Lady Avalon, this trespasser says he knows you. Does he speak true?" Rama's deep voice vibrated through my chest. I felt almost lightheaded. Rama moved from being directly in front of me. Finally letting me see Aaron.

He looked terrible, he was full of scratches and mud. Worse was how haunted and sad his eyes looked. I had never seen him look like this. "I do know him. Aaron is my ex boyfriend." I said, Aaron looked even more defeated at my words. Rama went taught, his whole body tensing as his eyes narrowed.

Rama was grinding his teeth together before he spoke again."Why have you come to the domain of the Night King, choose your words carefully as they could be your last." Rama was using his authoritative daddy voice again. It was affecting me even more now that I was wearing his cloak and surrounded by his scent.

"I came for Avalon, I made a mistake I-" My shock and control over my emotions snapped like a fishing line pulled beyond its limit.

I pushed Rama's chest away with my hand, snarling with Hilda as I stalked towards the only reason I had ended up captive in a deranged fairy tale castle. "You came for me?" My voice hard, full of sharp edges. "You made a mistake?" Growling, barely keeping Hilda under control. I could feel her anger. Her bloodlust.

Aaron's eyes were wide as he looked down at me. The more than a foot of height distance between us only making me more angry at being made to feel small in front of him. "Avalon, I never meant to hurt you, let me explain. Please, the bond was too strong to ignore-" I slapped him. Hard. Palm wide open, fingers splayed. He was lucky I still had Hilda in check. She wasn't forgiving him. The sound as my palm met his cheek echoing through the courtyard.

"If you didn't mean to hurt me you wouldn't have fucked her in our bed!" I screamed. Hearing Rama make a stifled sound behind me. Almost like he held back a chuckle. I turned, eyes like knives and Rama returned to looking stoic.

Aaron had the decency to look ashamed. "Avalon, you don't understand. A fated mate bond, it was undeniable. I never wanted to hurt you. You don't understand, so much has happened I need to talk to you." His voice cracking with the strain of his emotions.

At one point seeing him this distressed would have made me desperate to try and help him. Not anymore. His distress was no longer my concern. "What's changed? Your mate died and now you come after me?" My words this time hit him harder than my actual slap had.

"Avalon you don't understand, please. Please let me explain." Aaron was begging me. Pleading with me.

"I don't want to understand. I don't care what your reasons are. I don't want you anymore " I hissed turning around, starting to head back to the castle. On foot, under my own power.

"Avalon!" Aaron screamed, anguish in his voice."Serene and her family were going to hunt you down. They wanted to kill you. I didn't mean to kill her." He sniveled. "It was an accident." He wiped his running nose on his bare arm. "I didn't mean to."