Chapter 97

"I need to talk to you," Harry whispered to Hermione urgently the next morning, coming up to her where she sat with Lee and the twins.

Hermione blinked and looked at her friends and then back to Harry.

"Now?" Hermione asked, she'd just barely finished eating.

"Fred, George, Lee," Harry said in greeting with a nod to each that they returned. "Morning."

"Morning," the twins said in unison.

"Good morning, Harry," Lee replied with a nod.

"Yes, now," Harry said looking at her before turning to Lee and the twins. "Sorry, guys, I wouldn't do this if it weren't important."

"No problem," the twins said.

"It's okay, Harry," Lee said. "Don't worry about it."

"Oh, okay," Hermione said. "Meet me on the second floor, by Moaning Myrtle's bathroom." Harry shook his head.

"No," he replied. "Not there."

"Why not?" Hermione asked.

"Can't take a chance of upsetting her, or her eavesdropping," Harry replied. "I'm not supposed to know."

Hermione looked at him in confusion.

"Meet me on the grounds, by the lake," Harry replied. "Where Neville and I were."

"Oh, okay," Hermione said, wondering what was going on.

"Thanks," he replied. "Oh, and you have your Charms book in there, right?" Harry asked, nodding toward her ever present book bag.

"Of course," Hermione replied. "I'm still working on that essay for Professor Flitwick."

"Good," Harry replied. "Charms is the only thing I can think of that might be of use. Meet me out there in ten minutes."

"Sure," Hermione replied.

"Hey Harry," Fred called when Harry turned to leave, and caused the boy to stop and turn back to them.

"Don't let the prat get you down," George added.

"I'll try," Harry said, and then chuckled slightly. "Had a chat with Padfoot last night," he continued with a grin smirk. "He interrupted it, and accused me of practicing for my next interview again, and I sort of lost it."

"Oh?" Lee asked. "What happened?"

"I saw someone left one of those stupid pins lying around the common room last night," Harry revealed. "I grabbed it and chucked it at him and hit him on the forehead. Told him if he was lucky it would leave a scar and asked him if that was what he wanted."

"Nice," George said with a grin.

"What did he say to that?" Fred asked.

"Nothing," Harry answered said with a shrug.

"Well, at least you got some peace," Lee said.

Hermione looked up from her spot by the lake when she heard a laugh followed by a sigh and saw Harry coming down to meet her with a nostalgic grin on his face.

"What?" she asked. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, you missed it, Hermione," Harry said, sitting down with her. "It was great!"

"What?" Hermione said again.

"Well, when I was on my way here, it started out bad, but ended rather nicely," Harry replied.