Chapter 98

Entering the Great Hall for lunch, Hermione's anger returned upon seeing Ron sitting with Ginny, Dean and Seamus and she headed over to him, smacking him on the head.

"Ow!" Ron cried as he grabbed his head where she'd struck him, causing Ginny and the others nearby to blink at her in surprise. "What the bloody hell was that for?" Ron asked, glaring at her.

"You know perfectly well what that was for, Ronald Weasley!" Hermione said angrily, matching his glare and hit him on the head again three more times in rapid succession. "Harry's right," she said. "You are a right foul git!"

"Hermione, what are you talking about?" Ginny asked. "What's my idiot brother done this time?"

"Charlie!" Hermione said loudly, in explanation, her voice carrying down to where Lee and the twins were sitting, stopping their conversation, and they saw Hermione smack Ron in the head, noticing Ron's pale face.

"What are you talking about him?" Ginny asked again, her brow wrinkling in confusion as she looked between her now pale brother and Hermione.

"Didn't he tell you?" Hermione asked, nodding toward Ron with her chin. She glanced at Ginny and looked down toward the twins, all of which had wondering faces. "He's here," Hermione said, keeping her voice just loud enough that Ginny heard.

Ginny looked between Hermione and Ron again, then looked at Hermione and shook her head. 

Looking back at Ron, she reached out and smacked him in the arm. "Why didn't you tell me, my brother's here, you git?" she asked.

"Hermione," Ron called angrily.

"I'll leave you to explain that one, Ronald," Hermione retorted, and headed down the table to sit with Lee and the twins.

"Dang, Hermione," Lee said. "Remind me never to make you mad."

"What was that about?" the twins asked. "What about Charlie?"

Hermione sighed, sitting down before she looked at them.

"Did you know that he's here?" she asked.

Fred and George looked at each other and then down the table to Ron who was now arguing with Ginny and then back at her, shaking their heads.

"Why would he be here?" Lee asked.

"Yeah," George said.

"He's usually in Romania taking care of -" Fred continued.

"Dragons," Hermione replied quietly, cutting him off and looking at them. "They're the first task."

"Damn," Lee murmured sitting back.

Hermione nodded.

"Ron knew," she said. "Harry said that when he went to visit Hagrid, Hagrid told him that Ron had seen them, and that Charlie had helped bring them over."

"Wow," George said.

Hermione nodded again.

"That git lied to me, and had me lie to Harry, too," she said quietly, and took a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"What do you mean?" Fred asked.

"Well, I was with him and Ginny at Hogsmeade this weekend, and he told Ginny and I that Seamus had told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for him," Hermione said.