Chapter 79

Hermione sighed, stretching and opening her eyes when she felt a slight ache in her ankle. It really did feel better now since she'd had the opportunity to soak it last night before going to bed, and she'd been grateful to Cherry for the assistance the elf provided her getting in and out of the tub. She wished she'd had the chance to soak it when they had gotten back from their shopping trip but figured that since the next thing she remembered was waking up yesterday morning and spending the morning with Cherry that the stress of the injury and the day's events had exhausted her and she'd fallen asleep without realizing it.

She listened to the stillness, wondering what time it was, but wasn't too concerned since it appeared to be rather light. Sitting up, she swung her legs out of bed, wiggling and pointing her toes and flexing her feet for a few moments, testing her muscles and ankle again. She slid from her bed, gradually putting her weight on it and bit her lip at the slight twinge of pain in her muscles. Deciding on another soak, she ignored the discomfort and gathered a change of clothes and the salts for her bath and slowly limped her way to the shared bathroom, refusing to call on Cherry.

She locked the hall door and reached in the closest, grabbing a towel, setting it on the counter with her clothes her clothes and the salts, making her way to the door to Oliver's room. She knocked softly, but didn't hear a response, so she carefully slid it open, and peered inside. His room was still dim, but there was enough light that she was able to see, and smiled, finding that he was still asleep. She watched him for a moment, before turning her head as a blush crept up her cheeks as she realized what she was doing, and she quietly closed and locked the door.

Returning to the sink, she picked up the salt along with her towel and moved to the tub. Laying the towel on the wide ledge of the tub, she started the water and added in an appropriate measure of her salt before going to the sink. Picking up the toothbrush she'd left in the bathroom since she arrived, and pushing her clothes along the counter away from the sink to prevent them from getting wet, she started her day with brushing her teeth.

Once she was done, she headed to the tub, turning off the tap. A moment later, after all her preparations were complete, she slid into the water, sighing as the warm water enveloped her and the salts worked their magic on her injured ankle, relishing in the warmth and relief, she closed her eyes, allowing her head to rest on the edge of the tub.

She guessed that she had been soaking in the warm water for about ten minutes when she heard the doorknob click to.

"Lass?" Oliver called through the door.

"Yes?" Hermione called back.

"Oh, sorry," Oliver called. "I thought maybe I'd locked the door on accident last night."

"I'll be out in a minute," Hermione called.

"Okay," Oliver replied. "Call Cherry if you need help."

"All right," Hermione called and sighed in frustration.

She flicked the knob on the tub, allowing the water to drain and pulled herself from the tub, sitting on the wide ledge for a moment, her feet drying on the soft, furry mat before she dried off and made her way over to the sink. Her foot didn't bother her so much now, but she still dressed carefully, using the counter for balance when she needed to lift her feet. When she was dressed, she gathered her discarded clothes and unlocked the door to Oliver's room.

"I'm done," she called out and headed back to her room, walking a little easier now after her soak. She heard Oliver enter the other side of the bathroom as she put her clothes away for cleaning later, and grabbed her brush, combing out her hair. Once she was finished, she climbed back on the bed and grabbed her book, reading while she waited for Oliver to finish, knowing that he'd help her up to breakfast when he was done. She looked up a few moments later when she heard the door to the bathroom unlock and open.