Chapter 65

Hermione stepped out of the fireplace at the Burrow and sighed in relief.

"You're here again?" came the snotty voice of Ron where he sat with Harry at the table. "Where's dad?"

Before Hermione could answer with more than a glare, there was another whoosh of flame, and Mr. Weasley stepped from the fireplace and pulled her trunk out after him. "I'll just set this right here till you decide what you're doing, all right, Hermione?"

"Oh, yes," Hermione said turning with a smile. "Thank you, and thank you for your help with my parents."

"Don't mention it," Mr. Weasley said with a slight grimace. "Really. Well, if you'd like, you can try and contact the Woods now and see how they are doing, then you can decide what you want to do."

"Okay, thank you," Hermione said.

"Hurry up and go," Ron said angrily. "No one wants you here!"

"Ronald Bilius Weasley!" Mr. Weasley snapped. "Outside, now!" He turned to Hermione as Ron got up and stomped out of the room. "Hermione, you're always welcome here. He's the only one to include in no one wanting you here."

Hermione smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Weasley."

Mr. Weasley inclined his head in the direction his son went. "I'll go take care of him, don't you worry."

Hermione nodded with a smile and headed over to sit at the table with Harry.

"Oh, thank Merlin," Harry said, and gave an audible sigh of relief.

"What is it?" Hermione asked looking at him curiously.

"Ron might be one of my best friends, but its really hard when you two are fighting," Harry answered. "All he does is complain about everything. Mr. Weasley's right, you know?"

"About what?" Hermione asked, confused.

"That Ron's the only one that doesn't want you here," Harry said. "I know for a fact that Ginny and the twins like it when you visit, and if you weren't welcome, they wouldn't have invited you."

"Thanks, Harry," Hermione said, giving him a grateful smile.

"I mean, he's my friend and all and I hate to see him get in trouble, but sometimes he deserves it," Harry said. He patted her gently on the arm. "I'll let you make your fire call."

Hermione smiled and nodded as Harry left. She was about to raid the Weasley's Floo powder when she realized she didn't know what to say to get the Floo to conntct to Oliver's house. She hurried upstairs to the twins' room and knocked on the door.

"Who?" asked Fred.

"Is it?" George asked.

"Come on guys!" Hermione said to the closed door. "I need your help."

"Okay," Fred called.

"Okay, keep your pants on," George called.

"We're coming," Fred called.

Hermione heard the sound of footsteps followed by a loud crash and then more footsteps before the door opened a crack. She laughed when both brothers peered through the crack in the door, one's head above the other's.

"Yes?" George asked.

"How can we help you?" Fred asked.

"Come on guys!" Hermione said again and stamped her foot. "You can't seriously expect me to tell you everything in the hallway! Let me in!"

"Nope," Fred said, shaking his head.

"We're in product development," George said.

"Really?" Hermione asked and sighed with they nodded. She groaned and looked skyward before looking at them again. "Then come downstairs," she said and walked away, beckoning them to follow.