Chapter 70

Oliver led her into the supply room and crouched down to a spot mid way back on the right hand side, close to the door that they had taken to bring in Quicksilver and turn out Starduster and Angelfire, Hermione was once again reminded of how magic can alter the state of space when she saw the panel open and Oliver beckoned to her.

"Hello, Cherry," Oliver greeted the small elf with pale pink skin and large brown eyes that appeared.

"What can Cherry do for Master Oliver?" the little elf asked.

"Nothing, nothing," Oliver said and Hermione noticed that her expression became sad, and she was puzzled. "I just wanted to introduce you to my friend," he continued and motioned Hermione closer. "Cherry, this is Hermione Granger; Hermione, this is Cherry."

"Hello, Cherry," Hermione greeted. "How are you?"

"I am well, young mistress Granger," Cherry said.

"Hermione will be with us for a few days," Oliver said. "She's here to spend some time with mother before she heads back to school at Hogwarts."

"And you, Master Oliver?" Cherry inquired.

Oliver laughed a little self consciously. "Aye, and me," he agreed. "How are Ash and Willow?"

"Willow is well," Cherry said. "She takes care of Ash while Cherry prepares meals for Cherry, Ash and Willow. Ash still hurts, but is getting better every day."

"I heard how the healers at St. Mungo's treated him," Hermione said. "I am sorry. Is there anything we can do to help?"

"Cherry, is loath to admit, as are Ash and Willow, but time to look after Cherry, Willow and Ash and not Masters Oliver and Hickory and Mistress Juniper has helped a great deal," Cherry said.

"I know you don't like to admit it, Cherry," Oliver said. "We understand, but please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help Ash. It's important to us; not just Hermione and I, but my parents too."

"Well," Cherry said hesitantly and looked back inside the room to the left where Hermione assumed was in the direction of Ash and Willow before looking back at them and stepping out, allowing the panel to close behind her. "Its just that," she began and balked.

"It's okay, Cherry," Hermione said with an encouraging smile. "You can tell us, right Oliver?" she asked looking to him.

"That's right, you can tell us, Cherry," he agreed.

"Its just that Willow and Ash would be angry with Cherry, Master Oliver," Cherry said.

"But you're only wanting to help Ash, right?" Hermione asked.

Cherry nodded. "Yes, young mistress Granger," Cherry said.

"Then tell us," Oliver said. "We can't help if we don't know what you need."

Cherry looked at them for a moment and then sighed heavily in defeat. "Cherry has been finding it hard to get herbs to heal Ash," Cherry said. "Cherry knows that there are herbs and all manner of healing salves and potions in Diagon Alley, Master Oliver," she continued. "But they won't sell such items to me. Ash could be healed in no time at all and we could go back to work if Ash were healed."

"I see," Oliver said. "Well," he paused and looked at Hermione. "Do you want to head to get your supplies tomorrow? We could pick it up when we get your things for school."

"I um," Hermione said. "I haven't gotten my supply list yet," she said, biting her lip. "But I would go anyway, yes," she said looking at Cherry and giving a nod.

"All right then," Oliver said, "Let's hope that you get your letter tomorrow, so we can take care of that for you, but even if we don't we'll make a trip to get things for Ash, Cherry."