Chapter 60

After the finals, the twins told Hermione that they would see her shortly, and she watched as they head off, and shook her head when she saw them approach Mr. Bagman, holding out their hands. The Weasleys along with Harry and Hermione retired to their tents, the girls heading into the boys tent as they sat around the table and celebrated before bed.

*Fred and George danced around doing an Irish jig to the music that had played for the Irish team when they took the field at the match.

"There's no one like Krum," Ron said.

"Krum?" Fred asked. "Dumb Krum?"

"He's like a bird, the way he rides the wind," Ron said.

"Krum?" George asked. "Dumb Krum?"

Hermione tried not to laugh as she watched Fred and George circle Ron, flapping their arms like birds as they chanted, "Krum? Dumb Krum?"

"He's more than an athlete," Ron said, ignoring the twins as they continued to chant. "He's an artist."

"I think you're in love, Ron," Ginny joined in, swooning and dreamy.

"Shut up," Ron retorted.

"Viktor, I love you!" Fred sang.

"Viktor I do!" George joined in, carrying Fred's tune.

"When we're apart, my heart beats only for you," Harry, Hermione, and Ginny joined in chorus with them, poking fun at Ron.

The sound of a far off explosion filled the air.

"Sounds like the Irish are getting their pride on," Fred said with a smile.

"Stop!" Mr. Weasley said sternly. "Stop it!"

An uneasy silence filled the tent as Mr. Weasley listened intently. "It's not the Irish," he said. "We've gotta get out of here. Now!"

Hurrying out of the tent with the others, leaving everything behind, Hermione stopped as they clustered together with Mr. Weasley outside the tent, fear filled her as she looked around to see many tents on fire and wizards and witches running away screaming, some disapparating on the spot.

"Get out!" a wizard yelled as he ran by them. "It's the Death Eaters!"

Hermione turned and looked toward to burning tents, the way the man had come to see many masked figures coming their way, though they were still quite a distance from them. She gasped as she saw some had the Muggles who owned the field in the air, contorting their bodies as they advanced.* She knew by looking at them that they were dead, and her fear grew for Mrs. Wood. She wondered if they had gotten away before the attacks had advanced too far.

*"Get back to the portkey everyone and stick together!" Arthur shouted, bring Hermione back to her own situation. "Fred, George, Ginny is your responsibility! Go!" he shouted, and drawing his wand, took off in the direction of the Death Eaters' advance.

"Harry!" Hermione shouted, drawing the boy's attention with the direction they were going when several wizards pushed in between them, and he looked around, lost.

"Keep up, you lot!" George yelled over the sound of panic going on around them.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled, following them, but looked back to see that Harry was delayed by more wizards and witches running between them, pushing the boy to and fro in the jostling, panicked crowd, and he was getting further and further away. "Harry! Harry!" she yelled to no avail, as she was forced along, further away from him and lost sight of him all together.*

Hermione followed the twins and Ginny, reaching out to hold onto Ron's robes to keep up with them, panic filling her as she wondered what happened to their friend.