Chapter 85

"Hey, Harry," Hermione said, sighing in relief when she saw him and Ron on her way to the library.

"Hi, Hermione," Harry replied, turning to wait for her. "Where have you been?"

"Oh, um," Hermione said brushing it off. "I was just taking care of my ankle after lunch."

"I noticed you were limping since we arrived," Harry said. "What happened?"

"Oh. Well, I - I fell when Oliver and I visited Diagon Alley on Sunday," Hermione answered.

"Wouldn't have happened if you stayed with us," Ron said. "We didn't have to go get our supplies, mom got them for us while we were at the -"

"Quidditch World Cup," Hermione finished with him and rolled her eyes biting her tongue, trying to control her temper as it began to flare. "I know, I heard it from Fred and George already, and you have no way of knowing that, it could have happened anywhere. Besides, we didn't go just for my school supplies."

"What'd you go for?" Harry asked.

"Ash," Hermione said. "One of the Wood family's house elves was injured at the the attack at the Cup, and Oliver and I went to get some healing salve for him. They had taken him to St. Mungo's with them, when Mr. Wood went to get his injuries healed, but the healers there only did minimal healing for Ash. Oliver and I had to go get the healing salve for him because they won't sell it to house elves."

"That's awful," Harry murmured.

Hermione nodded grimly but fought a smile as hope filled her that Harry might feel like she did and lend support for her club project.

"I wanted to ask you, Harry," Hermione said. "Do you ever visit Dobby? Do you have to go to the kitchens to visit him?"

Harry squirmed. "To be honest, I haven't really visited him. Its a bit uncomfortable since he always has that hero worship attitude - even before I helped free him from the Malfoys. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I wanted to ask his opinion on this club idea I'm working on," Hermione answered. "The one I told you I'd tell you about when it was ready?"

"Oh, okay," Harry replied, nodding in understanding. "From what I understand, I don't think you have to go to them, you can just call them... I mean, that's the impression I got from Dobby and his interaction with Mr. Malfoy. It's kind of hard to tell how it would work here, I mean, I don't think anyone but the staff or the twins know about the elves here..."

"Okay, thanks," Hermione said with a smile. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Where are you going?" Ron asked.

Hermione paused. "I'm going to the library," she replied warily. "I didn't think you'd want to go, at least, not till you had to with school."

"You're right," Ron said. "We don't."

Hermione turned to go again and then stopped and turned back. "Oh, Harry," she said calling his attention once more, stopping their progress up toward the tower.

"Yeah?" Harry asked turning to her.

"I was asked to tell you that Myrtle would like it if you'd visit her," Hermione replied.

She suppressed the smile when she saw the shudder course through him. "Oh, okay," Harry said and waved her off.

It wasn't long before Hermione found Viktor in the back of the library.

"Thank you," Hermione said with a smile, noticing the books she needed where already on the table and sat down, removing her bag from her shoulder that she'd retrieved when she got her supplies from the dorm for her soak.