Chapter 62

"He, um," Mrs. Granger said nervously, and Hermione could tell that her mom was wondering what was going on. "He's not home right now. He had to work today, but if its that important, I can call and have him come home."

"That would be the best course of action, I'm afraid," Mr. Weasley said. "It is rather important, and I do not wish to repeat the information more than necessary."

Mrs. Granger nodded and headed off to use the phone. "Might I have use of your fireplace?" Mr. Weasley asked, giving the woman pause, and she looked at him strangely before realization hit and she nodded.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked Mr. Weasley quietly once her mother had gone to the phone.

"I'm going to see if Professor Dumbledore is available to come," Mr. Weasley said. "I have a feeling that your parents won't like letting you return to school if they hear what I have to tell them - if I tell them all I have to tell them. I think having Professor Dumbledore available would be helpful."

"What are you going to tell them?" Hermione asked.

"Don't you worry about that now," Mr. Weasley said with a smile. "Why don't you go get changed or whatever you need to do before we go?"

Hermione didn't like being left in the dark, but she supposed she'd hear about it when her parents did, so she nodded and headed to her room, hearing the flames ignite and Mr. Weasley call out 'Hogwarts, Headmaster's office' as she headed down the hall.

In her room, Hermione looked around at the light lilac colored walls with pink accents from her bed to her desk and dresser with mirror. She knew even if her dad hurried, he wouldn't be there for a while yet, so she had some time to get ready - unless of course, she was needed out in the front room to help ease any tension. Still though, she thought she'd have time for a quick shower. With that thought in mind, she raided her closet and quickly found a change of clothes, then went down the hall to her bathroom.

She made it a quick shower, furiously scrubbing her hair with the shampoo, knowing that it would make her hair harder to work with when brushing it out, but she didn't care right then, she knew she needed to be quick to save her mom, or Professor Dumbledore, if Mr. Weasley got him to come, and Mr. Weasley any undue embarrassing moments. Once she's rinsed the shampoo out and any residual soap off, she stepped out and dried and dressed quickly, grimacing at the tangles in her hair as she combed it wet, ignoring the water that ran from it down her back. Once it was fairly tangle free, she headed back to her room.

She paused a moment, wondering if she should chance the packing spell, but decided against it, and threw some clothes in her trunk along with her books and supplies, as well as stuffing some in a back pack, she could always send an owl with a request for more later, she thought, maybe. It all really depended on how much danger contact with her parents could put them in she supposed. Once her trunk was packed, she opened her door as wide as she could and put her pack on her back, then grunting and groaning, she pushed her trunk down the hallway to the front room where she she heard Mr. Weasley having a strained conversation with her mother.

"I'll be right there!" she called out, and pushed her trunk a little harder. She made it to the opening of the corner where the hallway opened out into the living room before giving up and leaving her trunk where it was, and removing the pack from her back and tossing it on top before going to find out what was going on. "Is dad here yet?" she asked, plopping down on the couch near her mother, noticing Mr. Weasley sat in one of the chairs, but didn't see Professor Dumbledore anywhere. "Didn't you get a hold of Professor Dumbledore?" she asked him.

"Oh, I did," Mr. Weasley answered. "But he wasn't able to come. He has assured me that I can tell them what needs to be told, and he will take care of any fall out from the Ministry. He agrees that we need to be transparent."