Chapter 56

Hiya Ollie,

Fred here. And George. Just wanted to let you know, Dad was able to get tickets. And Hermione's coming with us. Told you that we'd make sure she got there. See you at the Finals!

Fred and George

Oliver laughed and shook his head as Errol shook himself, still recovering from his crash landing even though Oliver had already plucked the letter from his talons and read it. Reaching into his pocket once more, he retrieved the ink and quill. This time he didn't bother erasing the ink already there, but penned his response below it.

Hello Fred, Hello George,

You're late. See you when you get here I hope.

Oliver

He had just sent Errol off with his reply when an eagle owl swooped over head, causing him and Viktor to look up as it dropped something in Oliver's lap before it flew off again

Viktor looked over and laughed as he watched Oliver blink at the sealed letter. "You are very popular today," he said.

Oliver stared at the seal on the letter and swallowed over the lump that formed in his suddenly dry throat.

"Vell?" Viktor asked. "Are you going to open it?"

It was then that Oliver realized he'd begun shaking with anticipation as he watched the scroll shudder. Moving swiftly, he broke the seal and unfurled the scroll. Suddenly, Oliver jumped up and cheered loudly, waving the letter as he danced around. He heard a shout from across the field and looked up to see that his sudden loud shout had startled one of the Peruvians to crash into another when they were expecting a quiet practice. "Sorry!" Oliver called and waved when the Peruvian captain began yelling, and then let out another loud cheer, raising his hand with the letter in it before he sat down again and joined Viktor in a laugh.

"It is good news I take?" Viktor asked and Oliver showed him the letter. "Nice. Looks like one day we vill be competing after all."

Oliver was glowing with excitement that he was barely able to contain. "I am sorry, Viktor," he said after nodding. "But I really must go. Perhaps I will see you around some time before the Finals?"

Viktor nodded. "Take care," he said.

"You too," Oliver said and ran off, heading back to the campsite, dodging the growing throng of witches and wizards as the day of the finals drew closer.

"Mum, Dad!" Oliver yelled before he was even close to their tent. "Mum, Dad!"

"Yes, Oliver?" his mother cried urgently as she scurried out of the tent. "What is it? Is everything all right?"

"What is it son?" his dad asked coming out behind her as Oliver skid to a stop in front of them. His worry grew as Oliver then doubled over. "Son?"

Doubled over, his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath from his run all the way to their campsite from inside the pitch, Oliver panted for breath and thrust his fist out where he held a now crumpled letter.

"What's this?" his dad asked, taking the letter from him and reading it before he began to laugh.

"Oh for goodness sake, Hickory! What is it?" Oliver's mother asked. "Oliver here about gave me a heart attack and now you're laughing?"

Hickory handed her the letter when he caught his breath and could rein in his laughter. "Calm down, Juni, its good news!"

She gave him a doubtful look but took the letter from them and glanced over it before she began reading it aloud, her voice increasing in volume and pitch as her excitement grew.