Chapter Two

"Excuse me, do you mind? Everywhere else is full," Ron asks as I lurk behind him.

Harry Potter is sitting on his own, looking out the window on the left side of his mostly free compartment.

"Not at all," Harry says, making me sigh in relief.

Ron sits opposite Harry, and I sit next to Ron, looking around the compartment.

"I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley," Ron greets.

"Hi, I'm Cass Moondust," I say cheerfully, smiling.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter," Harry introduces.

"I knew it," I say proudly, looking at Ron, then Harry again.

"S- so it's true! I mean, do you really have the... the..." Ron starts but pauses, pointing at his forehead.

"The what?" Harry asks.

Ron looks to see if anybody is listening, then leans towards Harry.

"The scar?" Ron whispers, making me chuckle.

"Oh," Harry says, then lifts his hair up. A clear lightning shape is plastered perfectly on the left side, from our perspective, of his forehead.

"Wicked," Ron says and leans back in his seat.

"Anything off the trolley dears?" a lady asks, stopping at our compartment.

She's wheeling a silver trolley with a few shelves under it around with loads of food.

"No thanks. I'm all set," Ron says, holding up two squished sandwiches.

"I told you I'd give you some money, but no. Too proud to take it," I scold, folding my arms over my chest.

He half smiles at the lady, then packs the sandwiches away.

"We'll take the lot," Harry says, pulling out a bunch of galleons from his pocket.

"Whoa!" Ron exclaims, staring longingly at Harry's hand.

She hands us a few of everything, Ron sitting with Harry as I sit by the window, opposite them still, munching on a pumpkin pasty.

Scabbers, Ron's brown pet rat, is resting on Ron's lap, eating some Bertie Bott's.

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans?" Harry asks, picking up the box with the sweets inside.

"They mean every flavour," Ron says. Harry pops one into his mouth. "There's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also... spinach, liver and tripe." Harry takes it out and puts it in an empty box. "George sweared he got a bogey-flavoured one once."

Harry picks up a Chocolate Frog box.

"These aren't real frogs, are they?" Harry asks.

"Dont worry, it's just a spell. Besides, it's the cards you want," I say, gesturing to the box.

"Each pack's got a famous witch or wizard. I've got about five-hundred meself," Ron says proudly.

Harry opens his box, a Chocolate Frog leaping out of it and sticking to the window.

"Watch it," Ron warns.

The frog jumps out the window, falling miles behind us in seconds.

"Oh, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them to begin with."

"I've got Dumbledore!" Harry exclaims, looking at the card.

"I got about six of him," Ron says casually.