Chapter Sixty-Four

"Arresto Momentum!" I scream, the tip of my wand lighting white; everyone froze just inches from the ground and I transform into my Animagus form, shaking away the Thief's Downfall while the others stand.

"Oh no, you look like you again," Harry exclaimed, all eyes shifting to Hermione as I check for the mark on my arm. It's nowhere to be seen.
Shit! What are we gonna do now?

"The Thief's Downfall. Washes away all enchantments. Can be deadly," Griphook warns a little too late.
I forgot about that. Oops.

"You don't say," Ron sarcastically spits. "Just out of interest, is there any other way out of here?"

"No."

"What the devil are all you doing down here?!" Bogrod screams, glancing quickly between us. "Thieves! You have up the-"

"Imperio" Ron casually casts, hitting Bogrod with the mind-numbing spell.

All our bodies twist to the sound of a menacing, echoing roar that escapes near us, the image of a dragon popping into my head at the familiar sound.

"That doesn't sound good," Ron says, my eyes rolling.

Tip-toeing forwards, a large, beautiful snow-white Dragon rests peacefully against a carved, stone floor. It's crystal white skin glistened and the stretched, cloud-grey scales that trailed its back were mesmerising, my eyes widening every second I stare at the beautiful creature the size of a mountain.

"Bloody hell. That's a Ukrainian Ironbelly," Ron reveals, awe demonstrated clearly in his voice.

"Here," Griphook calls, delivering Ron and Harry an hourglass-looking device.

The Dragon's ginormous head rose high and its mouth widened, fire spitting out in small wisps as it created an earth-shattering roar. Griphook quickly begins to shake the hourglass-looking item, a squeaking noice escaping it in random intervals. The Dragon lowered itself and curled into a corner as best as it could. whimpers ever so often leaving it while we all stared and walked around it.

"It's been trained to expect pain when it heard the noise," Griphook explains, my eyebrows furrowing at the disgusting idea.

"That's barbaric," Hermione says before I can, my head shaking and my usually siren eyes turning doe at the whimpers.

"But it works, doesn't it?" Griphook rhetorically asks, a scoff ringing from my throat.

Once pass the Dragon, Griphook leads us to aunt Bellatrix's vault, using Bogrod to open the metal door. Each of us casting Lumos, we venture inside.

"Blimey," Ron exclaims, staring around the room.

"Don't touch anything, guys, or she'll kill me," I warn, carefully stepping around some gold coins.

"Accio Horcrux," Hermione tries, a giggle leaving my throat as nothing happens.

"You're seriously not trying that one again, are you?" Ron asks in a teasing tone.

"That kind of magic won't work in here," Griphook calls.

"Is it in here, Harry?" Ron asks, his eyes on the Chosen One. "Can you feel anything?" My gaze shifts to Harry and my eyebrows furrow as he nods his head.

I refrain myself from searching Harry's mind for the item, my head shaking slightly as I carefully approach him.

"Harry, do you mind if I... search your mind for the item?" I ask slowly, my body just in front of Harry's. He places a hand on my shoulder and smiles, squeezing my shoulder gently.

"Thank you for asking me first. I know how you don't usually do that and I appreciate it. Of course you can take a look." I grin and easily slip into his mind.

The Legacy Of The Moon's Dust | A Harry Potter Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें