Chapter Twenty-Two

-A Few Days Later-

"Mr Filch, round up the ghosts," Dumbledore randomly orders as I climb up a moving staircase.

"What happened?" I ask, but look at the portrait of the Fat Lady, which has three long scratches etched into the painting.

"The Fat Lady's gone," Leila answers, looking back at me.

"Tell them to search every painting in the castle... to find the Fat Lady."

"There's no need for ghosts, Professor. The Fat Lady's there," Filch says, pointing up.

All the students begin running up the stairs, ignoring Percy's attempts to stop everyone from chasing the scene.

Dumbledore follows after everyone, moving people aside to stand right in front of her.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asks.

The Fat Lady pops her head over a giant pig she's using to hide, her make-up smudged and her clothes an absolute mess.

"Eyes like the devil he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. It's him, Headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

"Secure the castle, Mr Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall."

"Ha, you guys have to sleep in the Great Hall."

"You do too, idiot," Leila says, rolling her eyes. "They're gonna check the whole castle and need everyone to stay in one place."

"Oh."

-D.A.D.A Lesson-

Sitting behind Ron in Remus' class, I rest my elbow on the table, my head sitting on my hand.

The door suddenly slams behind me and I jolt up, pressing a hand to my heart as Snape speeds in an elegant manner to the front. He flicks his wand at every window, smashing them closed. Once he reaches the front, he pulls down a board.

"Turn to page three-hundred-and-ninety-four."

"Excuse me, sir? Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asks.

Oh shit. It was a full moon last night, wasn't it.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape asks. He walks down a line of students. "Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page three-hundred-and-ninety-four."

Snape taps his wand on the projector, turning it on. I flip to the correct page. A sound of a book  slamming against a desk echoes in front of me.

"'Werewolves'?" Ron asks.

"But sir, we've just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start Nocturnal Beasts for weeks," Hermione speaks up, appearing from nowhere.
Hopefully no-one saw me.

"Quiet."

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron asks, dumbfounded.
What the bloody hell is going on with her?

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a Werewolf?" Snape asks, walking towards the board.

I uncomfortably shift in my seat, keeping my head a little low. Hermione, however, shoots her hand up to the bloody sky.

"No one? How disappointing," Snape says, turning to face the class.

"Please, sir," Hermione begs. "An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A Werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the Werewolf only responds to the call of it's own kind."