Chapter Forty-Five

Getting close to the ground, my eyes clamp shut and I wait impatiently for impact.

I stop falling, but I don't feel anything. Almost like I'm hovering.

I am hovering.

All of us drop a few inches, some groans echoing through the area before we all stand, staring at the hollow room.

"Department of Mysteries. They got that bit right, didn't they?" Ron rhetorically asks, staring between all of us.
The ruddy? This place is interesting.

"The voices. Can you tell what they're saying?" Harry questions, walking towards an archway sitting in the middle of the empty space.

"There aren't any voices, Harry. Let's get out of here," Hermione tries.

"I hear them too," Luna adds, stalking forwards.

"Harry, it's just an empty archway. Please, Harry," Hermione begs.
Something's gonna happen. Something bad. We need to get out of here.

Harry's gaze lifts to the air, his wand and hand automatically raising as he faces his body to the sky, looking where the door once was.

"Get behind me," he orders, the lot of us obliging and raising our wands too.

Death Eaters begin flying everywhere, black smoke clouding my vision as a hand grips the back of my shirt.

Once the smoke disappears, my eyes glance up at the Death Eater gripping me.

Mulciber.

I turn back to Harry, who is standing by the arch, uncle in front of him.

"Did you actually believe... or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die," uncle bargains, hand held out to grasp the glowing orb.

"Don't give it to him, Harry," Neville shouts, auntie pulling Neville back and smiling wickedly.

"Bellatrix, would you kill your niece?" Hermione screams, uncle and auntie turning from her to me, grinning.

"Oh, Cass sweetie, don't you worry," auntie voices in a sweet, innocent voice, unlike her usual harsh and chaotic one.

"We'll take her to her mother once this is all over. Or to the Manor," uncle adds, grinning at me.

"Harry," I call out, giving him a stern look, "you'll only be doing him a favour. You can't help Voldemort rise to power. You can't, not even for us."

Harry contemplates the situation for a few moments, until he slowly pushes his hand towards uncle.

The old man steals the prophecy the first chance he gets, holding it a little higher than his head with a large look of pride on his face.

A sharp shot of light forms beside Harry, Sirius with a furious expression on his lips, eyes and eyebrows appearing.

"Get away from my godson."

Uncle is struck in the face, falling back.

White fog fills the room as a smile lifts on my lips, the rest of the Order arriving.

"Oi, you! Get those grimy hands off of my favourite cousin!" Sirius yells in my direction, a smile playing on my lips as I turn and smash the Death Eater's head into the wall behind us.

I catch a glimpse of my brother and run as I fast as I can to him, pulling my wand out and holding it tight.

"What are you doing here?!" he screams at me, shooting a spell at a Death Eater.