Chapter Thirty-Eight

Everyone sits at the table along with us, mum and auntie preparing the last of the food.

"This is very, very peculiar. It seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot," uncle says, reading a newspaper.

"I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?"
I didn't do anything. I've been traumatised my whole life and some dude is now after me. What have I done?

"Show him," Alaster says, who is not sitting at the table: he's standing behind Sirius. "He'll find out soon enough."

A small silence rings through the room before Kingsley hands a newspaper to Harry, front page.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well. Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned," Sirius explains.

"Why?" Harry asks.

"The Minister thinks Dumbledore's after his job."

"But that's insane. No one in their right mind could believe that Dumbledore-"

"Exactly the point," Remus interrupts. "Fudge isn't in his right mind. It's been twisted and warped by fear. Now, fear makes people do terrible things, Harry. The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returned, I'm afraid the Minister will do almost anything to avoid facing the terrifying truth."

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again. Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command and not just witches and wizards but all manner of dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily and we've been attempting to do the same, but gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in." Alaster clears his throat deliberately to stop Sirius. "We believe Voldemort may be after something."

"Sirius."

"Something he didn't have last time," Sirius goes on.

"You mean, like a weapon," Harry states, staring at Sirius.

"No, that's enough. He's just a boy," aunty says, ripping the paper from Harry's hands. "You say more and you might as well induct him into the Order straight away."

"Good. I want to join. If Voldemort's raising an army, then I want to fight."

Sirius bangs his palm against the table, looking at Harry with pride. I furrow my eyebrows, a smile playing on my lips.

"Wait... you're not in the Order?" I ask, my siblings giggling along.

"You are?" Harry asks, his eyes widening.

"Yeah."

"How long have you been in the Order?" Hermione asks.

"Our family have been in the Order since my mother and father, and when me and my siblings were born, we were members immediately," Eclipse explains, looking between the adults.

"But Tonks had to have training," Ginny says, her head tilted a little.

"Well, yes... but we've had training for years. I started when I was... I think five or six. My first mission was actually to protect you, Harry. And then that didn't go so well, so my Boggart became a..." I stop and look around the room, refraining my voice, "absolutely nothing, all of you piss off."

I look at my plate, zipping my mouth shut.

I look up at mum and she nods her head.

"Kids, it's time."

"Wait, really?" Adam asks, all three of us staring up at her.

"Yes."

"Okay. Um... well... Me, Adam, Cass and Leila all have special abilities. I am a Seer, and that's how I knew what would happen at the Quidditch World Cup. Leila, before she... she was a Maledictus."