Chapter Fifty-Eight

Hermione ties a pink scarf to a tree once we've packed up everything, staring for a second before approaching Harry and I.

Harry takes both of our hands and apparates to a mountain, walking off and casting the protective enchantments as Hermione and I begin setting up.

-A Few Days Later-

Resting against the perfect, green grass, my tired eyes glance around and smile at the beauty of the natural world.

Once I hear a melody coming from the tent, I take a deep breath and close my eyes, making Freddie the only thing in my mind.

I think about his gorgeous eyes, his perfect red hair, his harmonic laugh. The thought of his hands fitting perfectly in mine, his lips fitting on mine takes me into a black abyss, nothing but me and another figure in it.

"Cass," Freddie's beautiful voice calls, my arms immediately wrapping around his neck as he holds me up by my waist. "Cass, how...?"

"I'm a Legilimens, remember. And thank Merlin I am or I would literally lose my shit." He chuckles as I return my feet to the floor, that melodic laugh almost turning my legs to jelly. "I missed you so much. I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you're alright. Out there with Snatchers and Death Eaters all over the place. It's lucky nothing too bad has happened from the looks of you. You look even more beautiful than you did during the wedding." I blush and grin, brushing my thumb over his cheek.

"And you're even more handsome now than when I last saw you, if that's even possible."

"Of course it is. I mean, I am a very sexy lad, you know." I giggle, shaking my head playfully at him as a wide smirk rests on his lips.

"Your mother definitely gave you too much of an ego."

"Speaking of, have you contacted your mum?"

"Just before I contacted you now."

I press my lips to his and his hands make their way to my neck, his thumbs resting against my cheeks as he pulls me closer, both of us smiling into the kiss. I trail my hands to his chest, gripping his white shirt and pulling him as close as I can.

Both of us pull back to consume as much air as possible, staying perfectly in each other's embrace.

"How are the others? Ron, Harry and Hermione," Freddie asks, my eyes falling.

"Ron got super mad and he... he left. I tried to talk him out of it, explain why it was such a stupid idea but he went anyway. Hermione and Harry are both okay though. Thankfully."

"Ron can protect himself. I'm sure he's fine," Freddie assures, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "He has to be."

-A Few Days Later-

My head bobs along to Everybody Loves Somebody as black consumes my vision, my body relaxing on one of the makeshift beds in the tent.

My eyes adjust to the light surrounding me when I open them, Harry standing over me as he taps my shoulder. Quickly sitting up and sliding my headphones off, my eyebrows furrow as he grabs my wrist gently and drags me outside, stopping a few yards from our temporary house. I place myself beside him as he sits beside Hermione, who, as always, is reading.

"Hermione, you were right. Snitches have flesh memories, but I didn't catch the first Snitch with my hand, I almost swallowed it," Harry reveals, pushing the gold ball towards the girl.

"'I open at the close'."

"What do you think that means?" Harry asks.

"I don't know," Hermione answers. "I found something as well." She lifts her book. "At first I though it was an eye but now I don't think it is. It isn't a rune and it isn't anywhere in Spellman's Syllabary. Somebody inked it in. It isn't part of the book, somebody drew it in." A small black triangle rests near the bottom left-corner of the page, a line down the middle and a circle inside the triangle.

"Luna's dad was wearing that at Bill and Fleur's wedding," Harry adds, his eyes fixated on the symbol.

"Why would someone draw it in a children's book?" Hermione asks.

I hold my hand out towards the brown-haired girl and she places the book softly onto my palm, my hand instantly pulling it towards my stomach as I study the drawn-in symbol.

"I know what this is," I voice, Harry and Hermione's eyes quickly shifting to me. "I've seen it. My mother used to joke about it. She'd say Dumbledore was the line and uncle James was the triangle. She didn't mention the circle as anyone, though. Remus said that no one has been the circle for years." I deliver the book back to Hermione, who smiles, then shuffles forwards a little as she looks at me.

"Have you been in contact with Remus? Do you have that book he gave you? We could ask him about the symbol."

"Yeah. But I haven't spoken to him. He put a locator spell so if I was ever lost he'd be able to find me. I can't risk someone finding it, and then finding Harry. He knows this so he hasn't contacted me through it either."

I rest my head against Harry's shoulder as I think about Luna and uncle Xeno, Harry wrapping his arm around me and pressing a kiss to my hair.

"Guys, I've been thinking..." Harry starts, "I want to go to Godric's Hollow. It's where I was born, where my parents died."

"That's exactly where he'll expect you to go because it means something to you," Hermione points out, lifting and walking a few steps towards the tent.

"Yeah, but it means something to him too, Hermione. You-Know-Who almost died there. Isn't that exactly the type of place he'd be likely to hide a Horcrux?" Harry asks, the both of us rising and catching up to Hermione.

"Ugh, its- it's dangerous, Harry," Hermione begins, Harry staring at her with wide, pleading eyes. "But even I have to admit, recently I've been thinking we'll have to go there." The three of us take a few more steps towards the tent. "I think it's possible something else is hidden there."

"What?" Harry asks. Hermione turns to us.

"The sword," Hermione puts simply. "If Dumbledore wanted you to find it, but didn't want it falling into the Ministry's hands, where better to hide it then the birth place of the founder of Gryffindor."

"It would make sense. But you remember what the Minister said at Bill and Fleur's wedding: the sword will present itself to any worthy Gryffindor in trouble," I remind them.

"Hermione..." Harry tries. The girl pushes a few strands of Harry's newly clipped hair behind his ear, grinning.

"Don't ever let me give you a hair cut again."