Chapter Seventeen

-A Few Hours Later-

Harry's voice becomes audible through the cracks, the squawk of a Phoenix becoming present too.

I try casting the exploding charm, a small part of the barrier flying loose.

Meeting up together, Ron and I latch ourselves onto Ginny, squeezing her with all our might.

Once we release her, Fawkes takes a grip of Lockhart, Ron grasping onto his leg. I hold onto Ron's waist as tight as I can, Harry holding my leg. Ginny grabs onto Harry's waist, the five of us flying out with the bird.

"Amazing! This is just like magic!" Lockhart yells over Fawkes, who carries us out of the Chamber.

-Dumbledore's Office-

"You three realise, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules," Dumbledore scolds, the Professor, Ron, Harry and myself in his office.

"Yes, sir," the three of us answer.

"There is sufficient evidence to have you three expelled."

"Yes, sir."

"Therefore, it is only fitting... that you three receive... special awards for Services To The School," Dumbledore says light-heartedly, smiling.
These kids.

I sign extremely heavily, running my fingers through my hair.

"Thanks sir," Ron almost whispers, Dumbledore nodding.

"Now, Mr Weasley and Miss Moondust, if you would... have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban," Dumbledore asks, rising from his seat and handing Ron a piece of paper. "I believe we... we want our Gamekeeper back."

Me and Ron leave the office, chatting along the way.

-End Of Year Feast-

I look up from the Hufflepuff table as the Great Hall doors open. Hermione's tiny figure pops up from the doors, my feet automatically lifting me off the bench.

I scatter over to Ron and Harry, Hermione running over to them. As soon as she reaches us, she latches onto Harry, hugging him tightly. She goes to hug Ron, but hesitates.

"Uh... um..." Ron mutters, staring at her.

They shake hands, causing my eyes to roll.

"W- welcome back, Hermione."

"It's good to be back."

She turns to me, and we both squeeze each other tightly before pulling back and smiling.

"You're okay," I say, holding her arms.

"Yeah," Hermione says lightly, grinning. "Congratulations! I can't believe you solved it."

"Well, we had loads of help from you. We couldn't have done it without you," Harry admits.

"Thanks," Hermione says, absolutely beaming.

McGonagall hits a spoon on her champaign glass repeatedly.

"Could I have your attention, please?"

The trio sit down at the Gryffindor table, and I sit next to Cedric again, who takes my hand in his, smiling at me.

Dumbledore rises from his awfully comfortable seat.

"Before we begin the feast... let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey... who's Mandrake juice has been so successful administered... to all who had been Petrified." The entire hall bursts into applause, the two adults standing humbly. "Also, in light of the recent events... as a school treat... all exams have been cancelled." Dumbledore sits back down.

I turn to Cedric and scream, taking his other hand and shaking them in delight.

"YAS!" I cry, clinging to Cedric.

He wraps his arms around me too, pressing a kiss to my head.

He begins laughing at me, so I pull away, slapping his arm.

"Don't laugh at me, I'm just excited."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

We both stifle a laugh, and I give him a little embrace.

The doors to the Great Hall extend towards us again, Hagrid stepping in.

"Sorry I'm late," Hagrid excuses, silence echoeing through the room. "The owl that delivered my release papers got lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol."

"I bloody told you not to send Errol, Ron," I scold over the tables.

"And I'd just like to say, that if it hadn't been for you, Harry... and Ron... and Hermione and Cass, of course, I would ah... I'd still be you-know-where. So I'd just like to say thanks."
Bless these kids. I'll always be grateful to them.

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid," Harry says, embracing Hagrid in a hug.

Hagrid's eyes become really shiny, and before you know it, tears stream down his cheeks and onto his luscious beard.

Dumbledore starts clapping and stands, the other teachers mimicking him. Harry pulls away from the hug and begins clapping too, the entire hall following after him.