Chapter Forty-Six

~Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince~

"Mum?" Ginny's voice rings from downstairs.

"Ginny, what is it?" auntie Molly asks her daughter.

"I was only wondering when Harry got here."

"What? Harry? Harry, who?" auntie questions.

My legs bring me to the railing outside the girl's room and my eyes fall to Ginny on the bottom floor.

"Harry Potter, of course," Ginny states, matter-of-factly.
I can't believe he's here! And mum didn't tell me.

I raise an eyebrow, Ginny nodding her head at me quickly.

"I think I'd know if Harry Potter was in my house, wouldn't I?"

"His trunk's in the kitchen. And his owl," Ginny explains.

"No, dear. I seriously doubt that."

"Harry? Did someone say Harry?" Ron asks, poking his head over the railing.
Wonder if he's here?

"Me, nosey. Is he up there with you?" Ginny asks.

"Of course not. I think I'd know if my best friend was in my room, wouldn't I?" Ron says, the eye-roll clear as day.

"Is that an owl I heard?" Hermione then asks, joining me.

"You haven't seen him, have you? Apparently, he's wandering about the house," Ginny says.

"Really?" Hermione questions.

"Really," Harry's voice says, Ginny disappearing as I rush downstairs.

"Harry!" auntie almost screams, also approaching the stairs.

I reach the bottom with Hermione and Ron, all of them staring at him.

"Harry." Hermione links her arms around his neck, embracing him.

Ron gives his bestie a giant hug, a giggle leaving my lips before I wrap my arms around his waist for a few seconds.

"What a lovely surprise! Why didn't you let us know you were coming?" auntie asks.

"I didn't know. Dumbledore," Harry explains.

"Oh, that man! But what would we without him?"

Ron's hand is pressed under Hermione's lip, Ginny nudging my arm as I cover my mouth to stop myself from smiling and giggling like the eight-year-old that I am.

"A bit of... toothpaste." Ron retracts his hand as everyone is staring.

We move to Ron's room.

I shuffle my butt closer to the floating newspapers between the four of us, the paper slowly burning away as it keeps us warm.

"So when did you get here?" Harry poses, his head to Hermione.

"A few days ago. Although for a while, I wasn't sure I was coming," Hermione almost whispers.

"Where's Eclipse?" He then directs at me, my head turning from the paper.