Chapter 8 - There Are Always Berries

What an asshole

What an asshole. I was absolutely furious as I slammed the door to our chambers with a flick of wind. How dare he tell me this was all my fault? Growling, I blocked the bond between us. I had no desire to feel his anger and hurt. He had no fucking right to put this on me. It's not like I could choose who I was related to, or what choices they'd made for me when I was a baby.

Seriously. Who marries a baby? It's insane. I shook my head, frustration with the whole situation making the pain in my temples pound. Shit. I knew what that meant. I needed energy.

Well, I'm sure as hell not going back and having sex with Loki right now!

The forest. I'll go grab Mist, and we can leave right from there.

Diverting from my route towards Frigga's gardens that I'd unconsciously taken, I headed out of the royal family's wing of the palace and towards the apartments for Valkyrie and Einherjar. Reaching Mist's door, I pounded on it instead of using the more polite doorpad.

She yanked open the door, quirking an eyebrow at me. "Taking a page from Thor's book, or did your goodbyes with Loki not go well?"

I sighed, the tension in my shoulders easing slightly. Yeah, she knew Loki's temperament. "He's an asshole," I grumbled.

Mist tossed her blue curls. "Yeah, I could have told you that before you fell head over heels for our dark prince, but..." She lifted a hand with a shrug. "Are you ready to head out to Alfheim?"

The reality of going back there sent a chill down my back and I shivered, trying to not think too much about it. Damn nightmares had returned, and I hadn't slept well last night.

"I've already said my goodbyes to Odin and Frigga. Aidan is taken care of. I guess it was too much to hope that Loki would come with me. I didn't even get a chance to ask him before he blew up at me." My stomach twisted at the thought of going back there without him, and I wrapped my arms around my middle.

"He's always been possessive. It's a lot to ask of him." Grabbing her bag from just inside the doorway, Mist closed the door, and we headed down the hall.

"I know, but still, he's got to know that after everything Elatha did to ensure Aidan and I survived, of course Elatha will help me solve this. There has to be a way to work it out." Gods, I hope my faith in Elatha isn't wrong. As we walked, I rubbed my hands on my arms and swirled warm air over me, trying to get rid of the chill and cold sweat on my back.

Mist grinned. "I'm sure that Elatha had only the purest of intentions when he was 'forced' to shove his dick in you so you'd survive. Yeah, he didn't get any benefit out of that at all. It's not like he enjoyed fucking you. I'm sure it was a chore. He just laid there and thought of Atlantia, right?"

An unexpected laugh burst out of me at her sarcastic tone, and I rolled my eyes. "That's not the point."

"I'm sure it's Loki's point. You don't think he is absolutely green with jealousy over it?"