Chapter 33 - What's The Cost?

Shannon's orgasm was so powerful, it almost dragged me over the edge with her

Shannon's orgasm was so powerful, it almost dragged me over the edge with her. As much as I would have enjoyed it after missing our bond and my glorious goddess over the past couple of weeks, I didn't want to risk losing control of my illusion protecting her. Not here, where there were so many who would see my sensuous soulmate. I'd never intentionally leave her that vulnerable.

Reluctantly, I pulled back from her fascinating mind to dampen my own arousal. These skinsuits were lovely in the way they clung to Shannon's sexy curves and displayed Elatha's well-defined muscles and silky steel cock that filled my hand so perfectly. They were both walking temptations and had kept me achingly hard for hours.

Not that they'd seen with the illusion I kept over my own skinsuit.

I didn't need to advertise how desperately I wanted to fuck them both, to sink into them as the seductive waves of erotic fulfillment washed over us. Dangerous enough that Shannon already suspected the draw Elatha held for me. The pleasure from his submission hummed in my veins even as Shannon's blended with it in an effortless honeyed flow through my body. I reveled in holding her writhing body against me as the waves of climax eased and she recovered her breath.

Just in time, too.

We thanked Elada, and said our goodbyes, following Manannan out into the endlessly dark depths of the Midgardian ocean. As I'd learned before, keeping up with the Sea God required every bit of speed I could squeeze out of my shape-shifted form. Shannon and Elatha seemed to have less difficulty, both gaining energy from the surrounding ocean waters as a natural element for them.

It was a bit galling to admit that I was the weak link in this part of our journey. The fresh burst of energy I'd received from Shannon and Elatha's orgasms over the last couple of hours replenished some of my dwindling energy reserves, but after maintaining the identity-switching illusions on everyone for hours leaving the Summer Realm and now expending more to hold a shark form and swim at top speed, I'd need to recharge as soon as we reached the Atlantean outpost, if not sooner.

Being depleted when the time came to negotiate passage with the Shen would be incredibly foolish. Especially if negotiation failed, and we needed to penetrate their territory by force. We were not taking no for an answer, not with Aidan's life on the line.

Fortunately, I now had two consorts to recharge with and the possibilities were... enticing. Lulled by the repetitive rhythm to our swim through the featureless depths, I indulged in fantasy for the first couple of hours, letting the sensuous glide of the water over my streamlined flesh become my consorts as we played.

But despite the tantalizing ideas I played with, my mind wouldn't stay in that pleasing zone. Darker thoughts kept disrupting my attempts to relax into sinful play.

It was tempting, so very tempting, to give in to the idea that I could have two soulmates. Two individuals that would love and accept all of me. Every dark corner of my soul. Despite my penchant for mischief. Despite my unpredictability. Despite the mistakes that still haunted me.